I just want to say thank you!

I just want everybody in this forum to know how greatful I am. I have gained an enormous amount of knowledge from the members of this forum. The saiga 12 is the first gun I ever purchased and when I bought it I didn't even know that these things weren't in the original form and could be converted. I have never worked on a gun before and was a little hesitant to do so on my own so I was going to go to the gunsmith close to my house. He is an excellent gunsmith but not very familiar with the saiga. I learned that from reading on this forum that I knew more than he did about the conversion. So I am attempting to do the conversion myself. I just finished stripping the gun and it was a lot easier than I thought. I am waiting for the receiver to return from the gunsmith. He is duracoating and removing the rear tang ( I did not have the tool or comfort to do). I will post pics after completion and show off the skills that you have taught me. Thanks Keith.

• Like 2

Wahoo! Dig in! These things become an addiction. Sing out if you need anything, ain't many rocket scientists here, But, these guys know Saiga!

Thats the truth. I did know anything about working on a gun until I came here and now I am at least confident that I can do it. Whether or not it's done right is another story.

I will remember not to take your advise Russian!

Be slow to buy parts and fast to read old threads showing how to do things. Also, advice from business members, mods and a few of those guys with high post counts/ old forum memberships is probably worth more than advise from those of us who signed up in the last 3 months. You really aren't likely to come up with a question that hasn't been asked and answered very thoroughly. If you do, it helps to show the steps you took to identify issues, and that you have looked up the stickies first.

Google is a better way to search the forum than the forum search tool.

Welcome to the fun. Few people ever handle or even hear of a truly modern shotgun. (Some could say this is 1940s tech too) You are now part of the lucky 1%