On my saiga conversion I installed a Tapco G2 single hook trigger, my floorplate has the correct cutout for the singlehook. The first problem was the hammer was too wide at the pivot, I should have measured my old one first, there was nothing in the instructions about . I got this remedied now my disconnect doesn,t reach my hammer edge when it is cocked, the single hook does though and yes the disconnect spring is in place. Tapco does not know, the owner is on vacation. I have'nt taken it apart to compare my original saiga disconnect with the tapco yet.

Hi

I just installed a new set , not tapca but a power custom trigger. My proplem was the safety was not letting the trigger pull back far enough in the fire position. I had to remove some metal from the safety but not on the surface that engages in the "safe" position.

Good luck

Edited by thinking
On my saiga conversion I installed a Tapco G2 single hook trigger, my floorplate has the correct cutout for the singlehook. The first problem was the hammer was too wide at the pivot, I should have measured my old one first, there was nothing in the instructions about . I got this remedied now my disconnect doesn,t reach my hammer edge when it is cocked, the single hook does though and yes the disconnect spring is in place. Tapco does not know, the owner is on vacation. I have'nt taken it apart to compare my original saiga disconnect with the tapco yet.

first post here,but i think i can help.i used the same tapco trigger group in my 7.62 saiga.the hammer is your problem.as noted,it is too wide at the axis pin,but it is also shaped different and will put pressure on your bolt carrier.look at the top(above where the hammer hits the firing pin.the tapco hammer is rounded,the saiga hammer is ground at about 45 degrees compared to the hammer face).reshape the tapco hammer to look like the saiga one(this surface should be smoothe-i polished mine on an arkansas stone after grinding into shape)also grind off the tit that sticks up at the axis pin.finish with cold blue. hope this helps

Ak ken, ok so the disconnect cathes the hammer first then when you pull the trigger the disconnect lets go of the hammer and the single hook takes over for the second stage then it fires, My gun never uses the disconnect so even if I push the hammer down with my thumb the disconnect does not have enough travel to catch the hammer. So I think there is a little grinding due on the disconnect base area. Thanks for helping , Tapco doesn't

the disconnect will only catch the hammer while you are holding the trigger back.remove your recoil spring and bolt carrier.now pull your trigger.the hammer should drop.now hold your trigger back and reset the hammer by hand while still holding the trigger back.the disconnect hook should catch the hammer.when you let go of the trigger,the disconnect will let go of the hammer and the trigger hook will catch it.when you pull the trigger again the hammer will drop.if you reset the hammer without your finger on the trigger,only the trigger hook will catch it.if this is how yours works,then it functions properly.the trigger and disconnect do not both hold the hammer at the same time.

ok, Ak ken I get it now, the disconnect stops the full auto action. Mine works fine then except the hammer which drags the bottom of my bolt and binds causing jamming on the 2nd shot. The cure for this is like you said, grind the hammer [tapcos] to look like the saiga. And the reason why we just don't go back to the saiga hammer is for the US parts count issue, right?

ok, Ak ken I get it now, the disconnect stops the full auto action. Mine works fine then except the hammer which drags the bottom of my bolt and binds causing jamming on the 2nd shot.  The cure for this is like you said, grind the  hammer  [tapcos] to look like the saiga. And the reason why we just don't go back to the saiga hammer is for the US parts count issue, right?

right

Hi AK Ken--Guess this is a little off the trigger subject but if you are looking for Bulgarian 223 mags go to K-Var web site. Looks like they have quite a bit for sale in that cal. I've ordered from them several times and your stuff arrives about as quick as you've hung up the phone (almost).

• 2 weeks later...