I just build up a 500 Cruiser that I had. Here's the details...

20" 7+1 Mossberg 500.

Blackhawk Knoxx Specops recoil reducing folder

Surefire forend w/ intergrated Surefire light with on/ off switch and pressure pad bar.

Burris Fastfire II reflex sight w/ protecter shroud.

Modified sidesaddle to work with folder.

Truglow fiber optic front bead sight.

Heat shield over top of barrel.

Blackhawk tactical bungee sling.

Eventually, I want to get a Vang Comp barrel for it. I'm also getting two 55rd. bandoleers and a big Mexican Sombrero, and a bottle of Tequila, waitin' for the trouble to come!

Here's the other side..

post-8269-0-62268500-1335293322_thumb.jpg

post-8269-0-36507800-1335294719_thumb.jpg

Edited by fffpatriot

i like your 500.

im considering ditching my knoxx for a mesa. i got touchy feely with one at a recent gun show on an 870 and it was a nice improvement, but also costs more. never got to use one first hand though. i dont mind the knoxx, as it does good with recoil, but i really dont care for the larger grip that seems to be a pain in the ass to acess the action release. dont know if the mesa will be better in that area on a 500, but it looks like it would. and the endine buffer on the mesa is mil spec, allowing for different stocks of the AR type to added if desired. not sure on the knox though. never tried to add anything extra to it

i like the your fore end. i have the surefire picatinny railed fore end on mine. and sadly they recently stopped making them due to lack of sales. .

i like your 500.

im considering ditching my knoxx for a mesa. i got touchy feely with one at a recent gun show on an 870 and it was a nice improvement, but also costs more. never got to use one first hand though. i dont mind the knoxx, as it does good with recoil, but i really dont care for the larger grip that seems to be a pain in the ass to acess the action release. dont know if the mesa will be better in that area on a 500, but it looks like it would. and the endine buffer on the mesa is mil spec, allowing for different stocks of the AR type to added if desired. not sure on the knox though. never tried to add anything extra to it

i like the your fore end. i have the surefire picatinny railed fore end on mine. and sadly they recently stopped making them due to lack of sales. .

The Mesa does seem mighty fine. I'm wanting to build a 590 Mossy eventually, and get a Mesa for it. I was partial to the Knoxx folder for CQB with the benefit of recoil reduction, both folded and deployed. I'm pretty good with index fingering the action release with my firing finger going through the trigger guard at a defensive stance while shouldering the shotgun with the grip on the Knoxx. The 3v Surefire light is a lot brighter than I had expected. I can light up the woods clear out to around 50-60 yards easily with it off my front porch at night. Surprised the hell outta me. It was a toss up between the 3v and 6v Surefire, especially after researching many reviews of both. I liked the fact that the 3v doesn't stick out what looks like at least a good inch or so longer than the 6v model, with the chance of snagging something, but was wondering if I would get shorted on illumination. I figured the 6v might cause me to lose a little night vision from the brightness of the light reflecting off of white walls and ceilings if I was inside my home.

I'm gonna do some fan firing, and a little hittin' and rollin' with it this weekend, and get the Fastfire dialed in with some slugs.

mine is a 20" as well. and the good thing about your light is that its a surefire. they have amazing quality, and the only way i think they would fuck with your vision is if you were on the receiving end of it. my knoxx took me a little getting used to but once i did, its a nice addition. i can get back on target faster with it than i could without it. the 590's are nice.

heres mine. these pics are kinda old, but i have since put an 8" piece of picatinny rail on the top for an optic. i plan on pickin up a trijicon RMR in the near future for it, and a surefire scout light and then it should be done minus the sling.

101_1762.jpg

101_1763.jpg