Read this somewhere

5. NO TROLLING!!!

Do not post any negative remarks toward the other members or items they have for sale! The feedback section is the appropriate section for such posts!

• Like 2

Honest post, not a troll.

The rifle is indeed a rarity, and worth more than you paid for it... IF.... if you can find someone who wants it as a collectors piece.

However, I do not see the demand getting the asking price, but you may get a better idea of it's real market value via any sincere offers.

I would love to have one if I had the mad money, I might max out upwards of a Grand if it was an auction.

You of course, may set any price you like, g'luck with that.

Hope you get a good price for it, it really is a collectors piece if no others are ever imported.

I'd hold on to it for 4-5 yrs and see what happens with Russian imports, what with the developing news.

ETA: Then again, if the import rules change and the floodgates open, you may lose the investment value.

Again, nice Saiga.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 3

It's his gun, he can ASK whatever he likes.

It is terrible manners and just RUDE to crap on the man's for sale thread.

Buy if you want, or just laugh and move on. If you just GOTTA vent, send a private message.

• Like 6

Honest post, not a troll.

The rifle is indeed a rarity, and worth more than you paid for it... IF.... if you can find someone who wants it as a collectors piece.

However, I do not see the demand getting the asking price, but you may get a better idea of it's real market value via any sincere offers.

I would love to have one if I had the mad money, I might max out upwards of a Grand if it was an auction.

You of course, may set any price you like, g'luck with that.

Hope you get a good price for it, it really is a collectors piece if no others are ever imported.

I'd hold on to it for 4-5 yrs and see what happens with Russian imports, what with the developing news.

ETA: Then again, if the import rules change and the floodgates open, you may lose the investment value.

Again, nice Saiga.

Yes, that is where I'm at. There is no cross post btw, just here. I've never purchased or sold a collector piece. This is really new territory to me. I jumped on this rifle because it was a great rifle that unfortunately no one bought. How does someone determine a price for a gun that is the only one being sold in the country? That is a hard thing to do. I have a friend that purchased a republic of texas 30-30 for $4,200. It was one of 100. That is the only collector gun I have any experience with. It is kind of a delima for me. Do I price it too high, I don't know? But if the gun goes to someone, I would like for it to go to someone here because most people here love the brand as I do. That is why I didn't go straight to gun broker where a guy is looking to trade a valmet for $3,000 or for a saiga 100 in 30.06. It is hard to determine a market price when there are none for sale. I appreciate any sincere advice.

Do you want to turn your WTS thread into a 'How Much is This Worth?' thread?

As always, demand will dictate price.

While rare and cool, these are only drooled over by Saiga'philes.

They are just not as in demand and thus valuable, as say the fore mentioned TIGR and other rifles.

Like I said before, "I would love to have one if I had the mad money, I might max out upwards of a Grand if it was an auction."

So there is my value of the rifle, up to $1K.

Find the right buyer, one with money to burn and really wants the rifle, and I think you could probably double your investment.

But the others are correct, you've grossly over priced the rifle... The demand just isn't there.

I would've asked TheDarkHorse, what the make/model and condition of the motorcycle offered in trade is, that would help set a value.

Entertain all offers, start a Value? thread and be patient.

Finding the right buyer can take time, someone may be very interested but may be acquiring funds before making an offer.

I would test it on Gun Broker, set a reserve that you would be happy with and then take that money and buy something you really want or something a little more practical. I have to agree with the other guys, very rare, but what can you really do with it?

What condition would you rate this gun at sir? Has it been in the woods hunting? How many times? Thanks.

I've taken it hunting 4 times. I've taken it to the range twice. I sighted in a scope on it and once for target practice. It hasn't been abused at all. I don't know how to rate guns but I can take some close up photos of any parts and email them to you if that would help.

This is a WTS thread. As previously pointed out, according to forum rules, no shitting on the poster or arguing about prices, availablility, etc. You have comments, use the PM system. I hope that is enough said.

This is a WTS thread. As previously pointed out, according to forum rules, no shitting on the poster or arguing about prices, availablility, etc. You have comments, use the PM system. I hope that is enough said.

Maybe all of the crap about the posting should be deleted. Not my fight, but it would seem to be the right thing to do.

• Like 1

Maybe all of the crap about the posting should be deleted. Not my fight, but it would seem to be the right thing to do.

X2

I'll second that, take a few minutes and clean this man's thread out.

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.