Very Near to Me... Shit Is Very Very Tense Here.

Am I the only odd man out there that keeps the Arsenal Sgl in 762x39 as my "go to gun"? lol I just cant grasp the though of being limited to 10 or less rounds 00 buck or what ever. i just like the rifle and handgun.

Dont get me wrong I like my shotgun. But just served many other purposes for me.

Not in a residential neighborhood. Don't have to aim in the middle of the night, just point at the moving shadows. If I have to adjust someones attitude, I don't want to lose my high dollar guns when it is collected by the DA's office.

What concerns me greatly is my job's inherent risk,I'm a trucker, and I go into some bad areas everyday.

If SHTF and I'm in a bad area, the possibility of becoming a Reginald Denny exist.

I would love to carry my Mossy 500 or S-7.62x39 in the truck with me, but I'll settle for my XD9 and three spare mags.

Can you tint the windows extra dark and not get in trouble by John Law?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The really sad thing is that we are being manipulated into this black v white mindset by the media and various politicos.

I hope that one day people will judge others based on how they act and not what shade their skin is. The only way to stop the hate will be by the halt of racial stereotypes that are constantly bombard

OMO brings up a valid point. There are a few on this forum who have first hand experience doing bad things to bad people. It is not a damn video game, and a video game will NOT prepare you for this

Posted Images

Instead of an XD9, why not think about a Glock 19 with some 33rd mags? & what the hell button did I hit to change this font??????

Ah Hell, it looks normal when posted. I figure it out later

Firefox ---> CNTL+0

Here in NW FL too bro. Stay safe and keep your head on a swivel!

[ My 73 yr old uncle called me about three weeks back asking if I had any extra 9mm semis for sale. The shit in Florida has him scared. Edited by Jetmech

I'm not seeing anything but I leave real early and live and work in a mostly 1 color area. Most of my drive is in the middle of no where across Eglin AFB or in up scale areas of town. I have no need to go to the areas where there might be some unhappy campers. Some people just want a reason to screw stuff up but they tend to do it in thier own area. Any one that shows up at my house is either very lost or really looking for a problem so I use some caution with all strangers.

Can you tint the windows extra dark and not get in trouble by John Law?

Its not LE that I'm worried about, its keeping my job that worries me.

There are no laws pertaining to Commercial Vehicles and firearms, all normal State/Local laws apply. I've checked every State I drive in.

Our previous Branch Manager had a agreement with me about my handgun, "Corporate policy is Zero weapons, I don't know you have it... Cool?" wink wink.

Problem is, someone, customer or co-worker, is bound to notice a carbine/shotty... Much less a handgun, and our new BM found out I'm a firearms aficionado and was looking at me all wild eyed.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Instead of an XD9, why not think about a Glock 19 with some 33rd mags? & what the hell button did I hit to change this font??????

Ah Hell, it looks normal when posted. I figure it out later

I have a Promag 30rd mag for it, which has proven to function 100%... So far, only 120rds through it.

No trouble with the natives where I live. I live in a small Texas town 125K pop. and this is why I live there. If the crap that went down in LA happened here there would be ALOT dead rioters. For you guys in urbans centers, "never get out of the fu*king boat" If confronted by a hostile mob, keep your side arm close and if they can in my case, stop a 4x4, 6000 lb. quad cab turbo deisel dually well we know how that'll turn out 'cuz I ain't stopping for sh*t.

Am I the only odd man out there that keeps the Arsenal Sgl in 762x39 as my "go to gun"? lol I just cant grasp the though of being limited to 10 or less rounds 00 buck or what ever. i just like the rifle and handgun.

Dont get me wrong I like my shotgun. But just served many other purposes for me.

Nope, you're not the only one. My plum '21 is my "go to" gun as well. Since it's an intermediate rifle caliber, (as opposed to battle rifle e.g. .308), recoil ls very minor. It's also lighter and more compact than my S-12 and holds many more rounds.

Much as I love my shotguns, I'll always prefer my carbines.

Chevyman, The MD20 holds 20 rounds of 2 3/4" 00 buck, maybe 10 rounds less than you .39, but a hell of a lot more lead.

NOPE, windows 7

Ah, but a 7.62x39 drum holds 55+ more rounds than a MD-20. ;)

YEP, ya got me on the 55 more rounds, but when the ass is puckered up and the shooting begins, spraying and praying with a .39 doesn't work as good as spraying and praying with 20 rounds of 00buck, plus, the noise from the 12 is a better attention getter. IMO

Fortunately I don't have to travel in cracker-hatin areas. But this could boil over and shit could happen anywhere.

I normally carry a Kahr P45 but the state of tension has me thinking I should carry the XD45 instead. I'm faster and more accurate with the XD and I get 2X the rounds before I reload. I have an 870 in the trunk of my car but I ride my bike alot so nothing but a pistol.

Instead of an XD9, why not think about a Glock 19 with some 33rd mags?

There are 30rd mags available for the XD also.

......and my family wondered why I bailed on that state in 2003, Chili. I lived in the Montgomery area, and that town has really gone to pot. I foresee it running as far north as Birmingham and west to Selma. My brother has already called me, and if it does bust loose, he's joining me here.

I'm just waiting to see how bad it gets if Zimmerman is acquitted. I have a feeling it will get really bad then.

All it takes is 1 of 12 that thinks he was acting in self-defense, and has the balls to stand up to the other jurors (and the race baiters).

As I understand it he was charged with 2nd degree murder. By going for the max the prosecutor has made conviction much more difficult.

Manslaughter would have been an easier case. And the lead investigator in the case pushed for a manslaughter charge. But manslaughter wasn't enough red meat for the race baiters.

So we will see.

Contrast this to the Joe Horn case in Texas. Remember Horn wasn't even charged. He clearly told the 911 operator he was going to go kill the 2 burglars robbing his neighbor's house, and then he did. No charges. And not nearly the racial uproar, despite the fact that the 2 men that he gunned down were black hispanics.

• Like 1

Holy shit! Just found this thread. I had no idea the racial tension crap was that bad! Up here in alaska we are a bit isolated from....well everything! Kind of has me worried about my aunt in jacksonville. This crap has not spread to South Carolina, has it? My dad is there...

I'm just waiting to see how bad it gets if Zimmerman is acquitted. I have a feeling it will get really bad then.

All it takes is 1 of 12 that thinks he was acting in self-defense, and has the balls to stand up to the other jurors (and the race baiters).

As I understand it he was charged with 2nd degree murder. By going for the max the prosecutor has made conviction much more difficult.

Manslaughter would have been an easier case. And the lead investigator in the case pushed for a manslaughter charge. But manslaughter wasn't enough red meat for the race baiters.

So we will see.

Contrast this to the Joe Horn case in Texas. Remember Horn wasn't even charged. He clearly told the 911 operator he was going to go kill the 2 burglars robbing his neighbor's house, and then he did. No charges. And not nearly the racial uproar, despite the fact that the 2 men that he gunned down were black hispanics.

They were talking about manslaughter vs 2nd degree murder on the radio this morning. Apparently the penalties are the same in Florida... Minimum of 25-life with no parole before 25 years.

Ah, but a 7.62x39 drum holds 55+ more rounds than a MD-20. wink.png

Yes but 20 rounds of 00 buck = 180 30 caliber projectiles down range super_man.gif

True, that's more projectiles, but they're smaller, fly ~half as fast as 7.62x39, and have a fraction of the effective range.

To each his own. I love my carbine(s) and I shoot often enough that I hit what I'm aimin at. ;)

......and my family wondered why I bailed on that state in 2003, Chili. I lived in the Montgomery area, and that town has really gone to pot. I foresee it running as far north as Birmingham and west to Selma. My brother has already called me, and if it does bust loose, he's joining me here.

I live about 35 miles north of Atlanta. My area has been flooded by Katrina rats and FED supported "resettled" minorities in the last several years. Crime has shot through the roof, and every day I see more of the militant black (thug) types skulking about in neighborhoods where they don't live and have no business being, and this is in a small town in what 20 years ago could still be considered a semi rural area. Walk into a grocery store these days and it's like being at a damn UN session with all the various languages being chattered about. African immigrants seem plentiful here, and they all drive Mercedes or Lexus automobiles in a county where the unemployment rate is still over 10%. Of course your welfare pros prefer the Cadillac Escalade with rims 3 feet tall.

And the local tv news out of Atlanta is one after another of a series of black complaints. Your kid get suspended in school? Call channel 5 they will do a story. Didn't get that promotion? Call channel 11 and they will hype the discrimination angle for you. Budget cuts forcing the City of Atlanta to close an in-town school, make up posters of the school Superintendent dressed in Klan robes and distribute them - even though the said Superintendent is black, and Atlanta tv news will be all over it.The local media ignores black on white crime, while promoting the cause of a "activist" who has filed suit to attempt to get an injunction against Georgia's Stand Your Ground Law ... why? Well so the black man can attack with impunity and not have to worry about repercussions or possible getting his ass lit up while assaulting someone.

Sorry for the rant.... but this shit is hitting a nerve with me, as it obviously has with others here. Chile, get a Krink and carry it in your truck man. IF the shit goes down like it looks like it might, it will be worth it's weight in gold...

Edited by Jpanzer
  • Like 4

The really really sad thing is. Anyone that, god forbid, did have to defend their life or families lives will probably be in same damn shoes as Zimmerman is and be labeled racist,gun toting, murderer. Regardless of the situation leading to defence of his life or family

• Like 2

Holy shit! Just found this thread. I had no idea the racial tension crap was that bad! Up here in alaska we are a bit isolated from....well everything! Kind of has me worried about my aunt in jacksonville. This crap has not spread to South Carolina, has it? My dad is there...

Wherebouts in SC?

I am in the upstate and we don't have any problems that I see anyhow. I am a QC mgr with an engineering company and have a very well balanced racial mixture, mostly young on my shift (read young enough to be my grandchildren) and there are no issues at work whatsoever! The young men that are black at my plant are like family to me, and we have had many conversations about this subject, and the main concensus was that everyone (blacks and whites alike) wanted it to be brought to trial...that's it. We all get along great. BUT everyone there is known to carry firearms in our vehicles, and I'm not talking about just pistols. We are always showing off our latest builds...mgt included. Shotty's, rifles, you name it.

humans are a violent no two ways about it most of us all have thought about it or imagined it at one point in time. I just think its our nature of the beast. and when mob rules apply you can bet its pepole at their worst. I Know what I am willing to do to protect my family just as you are I just pray that it don't happen.

It is getting very bad in some areas.

It was somewhat noticeable when all the initial crap was being spread on the Mass Media, then seemed to die down when Zimmerman was Charged, then when he was Bailed, it just went through the roof.

Chile, get a Krink and carry it in your truck man. IF the shit goes down like it looks like it might, it will be worth it's weight in gold...

That is a great idea! A cheap Draco would be very concealable in my backpack.

The really really sad thing is. Anyone that, god forbid, did have to defend their life or families lives will probably be in same damn shoes as Zimmerman is and be labeled racist,gun toting, murderer.

Regardless of the situation leading to defense of his life or family

I'll deal with it if needs be... Momma Bear will too... Be careful people.

So we will see.

Quanell X tried to stir up the troops.......but the good ole boy bikers showed up in force on motorcycles and their pipes drowned out Quanell's bullhorn. Quanell disbanded momentarily to get more of his followers to protest.........then more bikers showed up. Quanell went home mostly unheard.