poolingmyignorance was trying to compare a person wearing a hoodie with a man eating wild animal, specifically a lion.

sure if a person is dressing, walking and talking gangsta, it will get my attention. But comparing people to animals because of their fashion choices seems like a bit of a stretch.

And Dad, I value your opinion so please explain where my logic fails. My line of thought is that Yak is calling gun toting thugs hoodies (did I miss the part where they showed the guy in a hoodie?). The point I was trying to make was that an article of clothing is a bad indicator of if a person is dangerous.

By Yak's logic I could say "everyone who has pulled an armed robbery has had a gun. Therefore, all people with guns are armed robbers. Perhaps we should call armed robbers 'gunnies." To me that's bad logic.

So Dad, plesae tell me where I went wrong.

(And Chili, I think your comments are probably more true than I like to admit)

My point is simply, Most just look at the cover of the book and make up their mind. People who rides loud bikes and have tattoo's and vests are profiled as bikers and if there is a group of them, they are profiled as gangs. Six Mexican teenagers hanging out anywhere is profiled as a gang. One person who looks like he could be from the middle east is profiled as a terrorist. I never said anything about shooting anybody because they do not look normal.

When I walk in a bar with my crews who do my outages, people look at the group and one can see in their faces that we scare them. There are always a few who seem to know we are harmless, but the majority are frightened. Why is that? We are just tired and hungry after a 12 hour shift and would like some food and a beer. The reason is we all are tall, have beards and tattoo's, t shirts and jeans, boots and ball caps round it out. Little do they know we are some of the people who keep the lights on.

So you are right that one should not judge the book by it's cover, however in doing that, do not let your guard down. The minute you do, one of those profiles will take you out in a split second.

Edited by Dad2142Dad
  • Like 3

maybe I'm naive, but I try to judge people on what they do, not how they look or dress. If you go to the "what do we look like" section there are some pretty scary looking dudes, but their posts suggest that they are rational (for the most part) people.

FYI on the way to my basketball game tonight I'll be wearing running pants and a hoodie, carrying a Red Bull. Please don't shoot me.

You need one of these hoodies

a1442_n_50.jpg

• Like 4

maybe I'm naive, but I try to judge people on what they do, not how they look or dress. If you go to the "what do we look like" section there are some pretty scary looking dudes, but their posts suggest that they are rational (for the most part) people.

FYI on the way to my basketball game tonight I'll be wearing running pants and a hoodie, carrying a Red Bull. Please don't shoot me.

You need one of these hoodies

a1442_n_50.jpg

haha.gif That's some funny shit! Edited by mizombiekilla

Okay I might have been slightly feticious in my response Mizombie. I didn't intend to compare somebody who wears a hoodie to a wild animal. Howevery my point was simple: we have to make judments based on physical appearances. Thats a fact of life. I don't like the idea of refering to anybody who wears a hoodie being labled a criminal,...after all it's not quiet a ski mask is it. (damn yuppie Aspen thugs).

Point is..it's not criminal or even bigotry if you avoid somebody because they have their hood pulled up. I wear a hoodie too sometimes and while I'm not up to mischief, I can understand that people might choose to avoid contact with me, should I be out with the hood over my head.

A hoodie is a chosen offten for crime because it helps conceal your appearance at about 2.70 degress. Most times the criminal doesn't care if the victim sees their face, because when the bad guy leaves, the vic won't be talking.

I look at it like this..if you dress like a biker your either a biker, or going to a gay bar..or a gay biker bar.

If you think people are wrong to judge others by what they wear, then try wearing a hoodie to court, or perhaps a job interview.

Or maybe next time a vehicle with flashing strobe lights pulls up behind you, you might just ignore it because it just "appears" to look like a cop. YMMV.

• Like 1

Must have been an enforcer pistol. smile.png

http://starwars.wiki...Enforcer_pistol <-google lol

never heard of a .48 caliber handgun

He must have had a .480 ruger....

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/.480_Ruger

50 cal GI shot out of a 45 got squeezed down maybe or a 45 out of a 50 that mushroomed out.

Weapon used would have be a High Capacity AK47 Glock Assault Rifle bought at a Gun Show.

Got to love the media on all things gun related.

a black bear is not a lion, lol, and if anyone were to be taking shots at lions with little pea shooters my first guess would be a bunch of cops

'Taint a small animal though.

Filipino grandma refuses to be a victim. If these bad men are gonna kill her then she's gonna take her best shot too! Pinoy Power! If only all the sheeples of this country refused to be victimized, then maybe the criminals would then just victimize each other... Sorry about the rant but here in NY, there are just too many victims and even more criminals who feel free to victimize because they know there will be less of a chance of return fire. Everyday, I read about all these perpetrators and just wonder, what if we all just rose up and made them the victims and gave them the instant justice they so deserve...

I need to move /:-[... Any good IBEW union jobs out there in the free states???

I will just be quiet now...

nyclu3

I don't know about union jobs, but south Texas is on fire right now.