Tac-47 Auto-Plug

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I almost drowned in my coffe, lol.   Thgis gives me an idea....   Someone should build a quad quad rail, quad folding stock (up down and all around!), quad bipod, quad in-line brake, quad charging

Well, yes, if the gun is properly gassed for the ammo you're using.   Two other things: the recoil pulse is also the same no matter what you are shooting at the time and it also blows crud and foul

I run four of them and couldn't be happier.

Posted Images

Well, yes, if the gun is properly gassed for the ammo you're using.

Two other things: the recoil pulse is also the same no matter what you are shooting at the time and it also blows crud and fouling out of the gas block when it vents pressure.

I am DEFINITELY a satisfied user!

• Like 2

Yes and no, IF your ports aren't the correct size there won't be enough pressure in the gas block no matter what plug you use. It's like throwing a monster fuel pump on a car, if the fuel lines aren't any bigger, you simply won't have the flow. If you can cycle birdshot just fine then you'll love the auto plug.

I run four of them and couldn't be happier.

Yeah, on ONE gun, he's the Chuck Norris of Saigas...

I almost drowned in my coffe, lol.

Thgis gives me an idea....

Someone should build a quad quad rail, quad folding stock (up down and all around!), quad bipod, quad in-line brake, quad charging handle, quad vert grip, quad optic Saiga 12 with a 1 to 4 manifold that has an Autoplug in each branch. We don't need no stinking "Ninja AK".

• Like 4

I opened 3 of my 4 ports from 0.067" to 0.078" I still have the auto plug screwed

almost all the way in with a booster puck to boot. I think I am still somewhat

undergassed but it will shoot anything I throw into it. I may pull the gas block again

this weekend and open them up to 0.093" That should make it perfect.

Malodave

• Like 2

Its an auto gss regulator. The screw increases resitance against the spring so that the correct amount of gas can be vented. In the case of 3" shells the gas produced is greater than the range of the springs adjustability. You have to run it as wide open as possible so much that other loads that might cycle correctly begin to fail.

• Like 1

Its an auto gss regulator. The screw increases resitance against the spring so that the correct amount of gas can be vented. In the case of 3" shells the gas produced is greater than the range of the springs adjustability. You have to run it as wide open as possible so much that other loads that might cycle correctly begin to fail.

Nevermind, I understand what you are saying.

Edited by Caged

I opened 3 of my 4 ports from 0.067" to 0.078" I still have the auto plug screwed

undergassed but it will shoot anything I throw into it. I may pull the gas block again

Malodave

.093" is the prefect size IMO. I have tried a few different combinations, and 4 @ .093" on an 18-19" S12 works well and the ports don't clog as easily as smaller ones. You are on the right track.

Malodave

.093" is the prefect size IMO. I have tried a few different combinations, and 4 @ .093" on an 18-19" S12 works well and the ports don't clog as easily as smaller ones. You are on the right track.

I just opened mine up, 4 @ .093". I also did my own version of the "d-mod", and you can easily see all 4 ports in all their gloriously clean awesomeoness. I'll be testing it out later today, and I have an autoplug on-route via fed ex. Can't wait to see how it does. I'd like to be able to hip fire it. Not for any practical reason, I just feel that, in order for a gun to be completely reliable, it should be able to fire from any position.

Malodave

I just opened mine up, 4 @ .093". I also did my own version of the "d-mod", and you can easily see all 4 ports in all their gloriously clean awesomeoness. I'll be testing it out later today, and I have an autoplug on-route via fed ex. Can't wait to see how it does. I'd like to be able to hip fire it. Not for any practical reason, I just feel that, in order for a gun to be completely reliable, it should be able to fire from any position.

I agree, some of the more expensive semi-autos on the market aren't able to function when fired from the hip and I think that's just a recipe for disaster...

I just did my ports last weekend, only had three so i drilled them out to 3/32 but i wish i wouldve drilled a 4th hole while i had it all torn apart...

Hahah... I had the same sentiment when I enlarged mine. After a couple of months, I just took it apart yesterday and made a 4th hole =)

I just did my ports last weekend, only had three so i drilled them out to 3/32 but i wish i wouldve drilled a 4th hole while i had it all torn apart...

It makes good sense to do things in stages. Try adding a fourth small port if needed. It only takes a few minutes to knock it back apart and bump up a size if you need to. Smaller holes let in less crud. No sense making them bigger than your gun really needs.