Vepr-12 VPO-205-01 Custom Edition Project (repost)

© Copyright by PapaZorro

Last year I made up my mind to buy a second Vepr-12 in addition to my modified VPO-205-00 (430 mm barrel). In that time Molot had only the following models of Vepr-12: VPO-205-00 (430 mm barrel, 12/76 gauge), VPO-205-01 (520 mm barrel, 12/76 gauge), VPO-205-02 (680 mm barrel, 12/76 gauge) and VPO-206 IPSC (430 mm barrel, 12/70 gauge). The model VPO-205-03 (305 mm barrel, 12/76 gauge) was not certified by Molot and was as experimental model then. For the "Vepr-12 VPO-205 Custom Edition" I decided to choose VPO-205-01, that has 520 mm barrel light with non removable flash hider, as a base for the Project and took some improvements of Vepr-12 VPO-206 IPSC model shotgun.

We got an agreement to Chief Constructor of VYATSKIEPOLYANY MACHINE BULDING PLANT (Molot) Mr. Sergey Urzhumtsev, that Molot would do this project for me. We came to agreement with Mr. Urzhumtsev about all the changes should be made in the base construction of Vepr-12 VPO-205-01. We agreed that I would receive not only shotgun but also additional parts and accessories for it from Molot.

Vepr-12 Molot VPO-205-01 Custom Edition is a multi-purpose semi-auto shotgun is made by Molot on the basis of the Kalashnikov light machine-gun (RPK), produced for the shells of 12/76 gauge. From the other versions of Vepr-12 VPO-205-01 it differs 20 mm longer barrel with detachable flash hider installed on the barrel muzzle part (to satisfy Russian Weapons Law in a part of minimal weapon light of 800 mm) and Collapsible Buttstock, that doesn't folde up with Buffer and Buffer Sping inside.

Also this model based on many improvements of Vepr-12 VPO-206 IPSC model, that was made in cooperation of IPSC shooter Mr.Vselolod Ilyn and Chief Constructor of VYATSKIEPOLYANY MACHINE BULDING PLANT(Molot) Mr. Sergey Urzhumtsev, such as: Collapsible Buttstock with Buffer and Buffer Sping, Metal Magazine Well, Picatinny M1913 instead of Rear Sight, Improved Trigger System, Improved Slide Stop Button, additional metal Barrel Handguard, Improved Gas block, Removable Left Bolt carrier Handle.

I bought and sent to Molot all parts they should to install to my Vepr-12. As Molot agreed to paint my shotgun by Duracoat I had to send them the paint either. They don't have qualified personal who can make quality Camo, so it was decided to paint shotgun Duracoat Snow Gray as a base color for Urban MirageFlage Camoand made Camo myself later.

The following modifications of Vepr-12 VPO-205-01 were made by VYATSKIEPOLYANY MACHINEBULDING PLANT (Molot):

· Original (Molot)stock was removed, Stock Adapter (compatible with MilspecAR15 stock) made by Molot was installed. Then was installed VLTOR 5-Position Receiver Extension,MagpulCTR Carbine Stock and Magpul Enhanced Rubber Buttpad.

· Buffer with Buffer Sping was installed inside the receiver.

· Original Trigger Group was replaced by Molot IPSC Trigger Group.

· Molot IPSC Bolt carrier was made.

· Bolt and Bolt carrier details, as well as, Trigger Group ware adjusted and checked before paint by Molot.

· Custom made barrel was installed (540 mm light without flash hider).

· Molot Metal Magazine Well was installed.

· Picatinny M1913 instead of Rear Sight was installed.

· Adjusted RPK low hand guard without Picatinny M1913 was made

· Additional metal Barrel Handguard was installed.

· Improved Molot Gas block with plug was installed.

· Removable Left Bolt carrier Handle was installed.

· Two Molot Pucks ware made (Standard and Short).

· Two Recoil springs ware made (Standard and Short).

· RAMSaiga 12 Extended magazine release was adjusted by Molot + Original (Molot) magazine release was adjusted and placed as spare part.

· E-TacTwisterPuc (Standard) GasPiston was additionally adjusted by Molot to fit Vepr-12.

· Two Right Safety selectors ware made.

· Two Left Safeties ware made (with selector and without).

· Trigger guard rivet inside the receiver was made shorter to fit RSA trigger group.

· Additional Muzzle Attachments ware made: two Chok Tubes (0,5 and 1,0), Thread protector and two Muzzle brakes GK-01.

· Additional magazines ware made: two x8 and one x4.

· Gun details were Phosphate coated (Parkerized) and plastic details ware Blast with 120 grit Aluminum oxide before painting.

· Molot painted Shotgun by Duracoat Snow Gray as a base color for Urban MirageFlage Camo, due to Molot doesn't make Duracoat Camo yet .

The project was mostly fineshed by Molot to the end of the year except additional muzzle attachment and paint work by Ducacoat, that I could not got by post more then 2 months and sent it to Molot.

The pictures made by Sergey Urzhumtsev of Molot VPO-205-01 Vepr-12 Custom Edition during assebling on Molot plant.

VPO205-01_Custom_is_assebling_on_Molot_001.jpg

Molot VPO-205-01 "Vepr-12" Custom Edition is assembling on Molot plant

VPO205-01_Custom_is_assebling_on_Molot_003.jpg

VPO205-01_Custom_is_assebling_on_Molot_005.jpg

VPO205-01_Custom_is_assebling_on_Molot_006.jpg

In the January I got my Duracoat and sent it to Molot, so they could finish my shotgun. When all was done and shotgun was painted by Duracoat Snow Gray, Molot sent my shotgun to me by Courier Communication Central Board and I received it three days before my Birthday in February. It was the best present for me from Molot for the Birthday.

The pictures of Molot VPO-205-01 Vepr-12 Custom Edition from the box.

vpo205-01_03.jpg

Molot VPO-205-01 Vepr-12 Custom Edition painted Duracoat Snow Gray from the box

vpo205-01_07.jpg

vpo205-01_06.jpg

vpo205-01_08.jpg

vpo205-01_09.jpg

The pictures of two my Molot Verps-12: New VPO-205-01 Custom Edition and Modified VPO-205-00.

vpo205-01_10.jpg

Molot Verps-12: VPO-205-01 CE and Modified VPO-205-00

vpo205-01_11.jpg

vpo205-01_12.jpg

vpo205-01_13.jpg

I adjusted second Molot Safety selector by removing metal from the Safety for proper Safety engagement with RSA Adjustable AK Trigger System for Saiga 12/20 Gauge from Power Custom, then Safety was painted by Duracoat.

Pictures of two Molot safeties.

IMG_9500.JPG

Molot Vepr-12 Standart Safety selector and Adjusted Safety for RSA Trigger System; Left part of Safety - Standart with selector and modified - without.

IMG_9502.JPG

Molot Vepr-12 Standart Safety selector and Adjusted Safety for RSA Trigger System; Left part of Safety - Standart with selector and modified - without.

The pictures of Accessories I've got from Molot.

IMG_9503.JPG

Vepr-12 Muzzle Attachments: Chok Tubes and Thread protector; Vepr-12 Recoil springs (Short and Standart) and Puks (Short and Standart); 2 Molot Sport Trigger Systems; Molot Vepr-12 Standart Safety wth Standart Left part - with selector and Adjusted Safety for RSA Trigger with Modified Left part of Safety - without selector.

IMG_9505.JPG

Vepr-12 Muzzle Attachments: Chok Tubes and Thread protector; Vepr-12 Recoil springs (Short and Standart) and Puks (Short and Standart); 2 Molot Sport Trigger Systems; Molot Vepr-12 Standart Safety wth Standart Left part - with selector and Adjusted Safety for RSA Trigger with Modified Left part of Safety - without selector.

IMG_9483.JPG

Muzzle Attachments: Chok Tubes and Thread protector; Safety details; Short Puck; Short Recoil Spring; Molot Sport Trigger Group

IMG_9491.JPG

Molot Vepr-12 Sport Trigger Group for IPSC

IMG_9487.JPG

Molot Vepr-12 Sport Trigger Group for IPSC

IMG_9527.JPG

Molot Standart and Sport (IPSC) Trigger Group

IMG_9530.JPG

Molot Standart and Sport (IPSC) Trigger Group

IMG_9474.JPG

Molot Vepr 12 Pucks: Standart, Short, Twisted

IMG_9475.JPG

Molot Vepr 12 Pucks: Standart, Short, Twisted

IMG_9508.JPG

Vepr-12 Recoil, Recoil springs (Short and Standart) and Puks (Short and Standart)

IMG_9517.JPG

Molot Vepr-12 Bolt and IPSC Bolt carrier In details

IMG_9518.JPG

IMG_9519.JPG

IMG_9516.JPG

IMG_9515.JPG

I paint my shotguns at home and open the windows during paint work, so I decided to wait for Molot VPO-205-01 Vepr-12 Custom Edition Duracoat Camo project for the late Spring or early Summer, because the Russian Winter is not a good time for opening the windows.

Posted this topic here with more pictures.

My Molot VPO-205-01 Vepr-12 Custom Edition Duracoat Camo project to be continued...

REPOSTED from HERE

Edited by PapaZorro
  • Like 2
  • 1 year later...

That special rear trunnion is custom made by Molot for V12 with buffer with spring, mostly made for IPSC V12 models and it differ from standard RPKS/V12 trunnion, it made by prepaid preorder ONLY of CE Vepr, does not sell separately!

AFIK standard rear trunnion is not possible to buy legally in Russia:( (by law: as it part of main part of firearm), but possible in UK from Rusmilitary.