Perm attach a polychoke.

I was just notified by my local smith that he isn't able to attempt my project. Here's what I wanted to do. Pull my S-12 bbl out, cut it back and perm attach my poly-choke to bring it back to legal length. If anyone here has any inside info on this possibility . He claims that shotgun bbl's are too thin to pin and weld or even just welding will cause blistering.

I thought this had been done by others here but didn't get very good search results. If there are any shops with decent turn around times i'm not above sending it out.

I would advise against it. What happens if one of the "prongs" on the polychoke breaks? What if a better/different muzzle device comes along? Is it really worth all the time, hassle, and money to save a couple inches in length? Also, if something came up and you had to sell the gun, this type of modification would really hurt the resale value.

I understand it's your gun and you may do what you want with it, the above are just some things to consider.

• Like 2

silver solder

Permanently silver soldering a polychoke will anneal the "petals" and render the choke inoperable. So this is not an option.

Mike

• Like 2