53 year old asked to fill in on MMA fight

Judging by foot work, and the UTTER LACK of ground game (inability to lay his wieght on the downed guy, and being unable to pass the old mans non existant guard) by either fighter, I'm guessing that kid only had an hour to prepare too. This sounds more like a back bar side show, than a reall MMA event. It's this sorta shit shows that people see for the first time that keep WWE on the air.

On another note, the old guy does have some balls.

Naw, it isn't just a random ring put up in a bar.

These are well organized amateur fights, open to almost anyone who will sign the waiver, pass a cursory physical exam, and all State Boxing/Fighting assoc rules apply.

When I worked for Airgas, we had one employee who had several amateur fights under his belt (4 wins 1 loss IIRC) and was training up on his grappling and cardio to improve his game.

He went by Screaming Eagle, and was quite a scrapper. Until he got introduced to amateur fighting, his idea of a good time was getting a good buzz and picking fights with bullies/assholes at whatever redneck bar him and his buddies would be in. Not surprisingly he found his ass in jail a couple times, now he gets to raise hell legally.

LOL, he got wrote up at work one Monday after not showing up, even though he called in, the Boss said, "Your fighting is on your time, when your time conflicts with my time, we have a problem."

The man was at work the next day one eye swollen shut, knots all over his head and some very colorful bruises.

• Like 1

Hey Post, when ya get old, the belly sags a little bit and you're OUT of shape, you breath "funny", but I had a young prick draw back and swing a pull handle at me a few years back, my left hand grabbed his right hand and wrist that had the pull handle, my right hand, went straight for his throat. I tried my damnedest to brake that fuckers air pipe. He gave up, and crawled away to call the Po Po, I ended up with a torn T shirt and ass wipe cops giving me hell for whooping a 28 yr olds ass and threatening me with going to jail. When they said that, I told them to get me an ambulance with an oxygen tank, and we'd go. But they found out this ass wipe started it, I was just defending our house from being set on fire with bottle rockets and other fireworks. Don't mess with old people, we been there, done that. :)

• Like 3

I have five close friends that are my neighbors, all but one are Vietnam veterans that carry and have told me straight up they WILL shoot anyone who starts a fight with them, because they all said they are too old to want to fight. I know these gentleman well and they will not fuck around if some punk confronted them in a scuffle. God bless em!

Ameteur MMA has been getting much better around here in the past couple of years. Started out with maybe 1 or 2 decent fights on an 11 fight card, but now the numbers have reversed. Ground games have vastly improved. There was a fight in Great Falls about a month ago that had a 51yr old fighter having his first fight.

I missed those fights, so I don't know how he did, but still an impressive effort!

I am 44 and I have no desire to bust my hands on some youngins face. I think I have a mild allergy to Pain....I seem to break out in Blood!

I'm only 52 so I guess I have a year to train...

Something seems to stop the douches from coming after me in the rare instances when someone pisses me off, not sure what it is, had a face off with a young guy probably 28 in the walmart parking lot after he gunned his car and almost ran me and the wife down in the crosswalk right in front of the doors. He got out and came across the parking towards me, his wife got out and gathered up their two sons, heading towards the doors. I yelled at her "Yeah, take them inside, I'd hate for them to see their Dad get his ass beat by an old man...." Guy stopped and I saw a light come on that it might not be a good idea to push it any farther, just turned and walked up to the doors giving me the shit-eye...while I laughed at him...

Seen a rule posted in a few places, says don't pick a fight with and old guy, if he's too old to fight, he'll just shoot you. Good advice there.

It's really a good example of how you should never disregard anybody as harmless. If somebody punches your button it's lights out, doesn't matter what they look like, young old big or small, we all have the ability to cause damage. While on paper this guy should have lost, life hardly ever works out how we expect it.

It's really a good example of how you should never disregard anybody as harmless. If somebody punches your button it's lights out, doesn't matter what they look like, young old big or small, we all have the ability to cause damage. While on paper this guy should have lost, life hardly ever works out how we expect it.

Exactly! Although there's no way in hell I'm going to tell anybody how I got my ass kicked by a 60 something Prius driving hippie chick (hen?). That would just be too embarrassing.