Any NE people here?

Not often, though it's only a couple miles up the road from my house. I prefer shooting outdoors. Wes has been hosting a swap meet there once or twice a year for the last couple years - I usually come out, set up a table or two. The open house/swap meet will be Saturday, June 16th. If I make it out there, I'll be the guy with a bunch of SMG magazines, BAR mags, a few boxes of random ammo, some AK parts, some miscellaneous bayonets, AK mag pouches and slings, oil bottles and probably a PPS-43 parts kit or two.

Id love to shoot outdoors too, but I have no idea where around here to do that. Ive got a friend whos got a friend whos a member of the eastern nebraska gun club, and he invited me to go shooting with them last weekend, but I had family in town and couldnt con the wife into letting me slip away for a bit. I'll for sure be looking forward to the swap meet. Im actually in the market for a sling too.

That place is the stereotypical fudd ground. If you fire more than one round in 3 seconds, people freak. Also uncomfortable with NFA, and full-auto fire is expressly disallowed. And I'm pretty sure their membership fees are exorbitant. I generally just go to a state recreation area ~1 hour out of Omaha. Used to go to Bramble, near Fremont, until they closed it to shooting. My slings are the Romanian leather ones - I usually sell them for $5 each.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Im close to Fremont. Uehling has a public 100 and 200 yd range that is free to use, as long as you get written permission from a member. One of the local bars' owners will do it for you. I have been there a couple of times, just keep the brass cleaned up and be a human being and you wont have any problems. Uehling is about 20 miles north of Fremont.

I do go to the Bullet hole about once a month, too.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the area, looking for a place to shoot my AR-50, need more than 100 yrds though. 1000 yrds would be ideal but anything over 400 yrds with a backstop would work. Don't think they would let me shoot this at the bullet hole....nor would I want too. smile.png

stage1_zps042bb901.jpg

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH