Saiga to AK-103 (everything minus full-auto and folding stock)

Thanks everyone it feels good to have all this work pay off. This was my first full build and first time doing a lot of this stuff (parkerizing, press fitting parts, sandblasting, etc). It costed more than an arsenal saiga seeing that I had to buy some equipment that I didn't have. One of the main points of this thread was to show the forum that you too can restore your saiga's to their original, un-neutered configuration. I also am not completely finished with this build. I am still searching for a ak 100 series 1000 meter half tick sight and just purchased a original cleaning rod. I also have to finish filling in some of the markings and get the original AB, OA selector markings and need to park and paint the muzzle brake, but for now I am happy. I sighted her in yesterday and am getting 1.5 inch 3 shot groups at 100 meters. I also filled in the serial # and other markings with white china marker. Here's some updated pictures. I will try to get her out shooting tomorrow and post pictures of the groups with Tulammo FMJ and maybe some Wolf HP.

post-41495-0-07063900-1338351007_thumb.jpgpost-41495-0-57742900-1338351020_thumb.jpgpost-41495-0-94990900-1338351172_thumb.jpg

Edited by themadhatter196
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...