Anyone have a VEPR 223 yet?

I'm curious about how accurate they are. I'd like one, but won't spend the money if the accuracy is no better than a Saiga. If I spent more money to get the same accuracy as a less expensive Saiga I may as well run for politcal office.

• 4 weeks later...

I too have a RobArms Vepr II in .223 and it easily is the most accurate AK variant I have owned. I have had groups at one MOA or less with Winchester white box Q3131 ammo, scoped and bench-rested. You can examine a Vepr closely and see the tolerances are tighter and the quality is better than a Saiga or Bulgarian Arsenal rifle. They are heavy compared to the Saiga or Arsenal, but that is the only disadvantage that comes to mind.

Just a quick tip on the older RobArms Vepr rifles in .223. They will use .223 AK Promags (yes, I know I said Promags) like they were made just for this rifle. I've got six Promags for my Vepr and none has had any feed/ quality issues whatsoever and that rifle has been used several times in 3-gun matches. I cannot say for certain about them working in the latest import of Vepr rifles so your miles may vary.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got an email from Texas AK Designs and they said their AR-15 mag adapter will work on the VEPR with a little modification. Now if Ironwood designs has a wood stock that would be great.

We are also currently working on a version of the BASTARD for this rifle with a new railed handguard and stock adapter. VEPRs offer a solid base to build from and we envision it to be a real contender against the AR.

• 3 weeks later...

I shot a Vepr 7.62x39 and my Saiga of the same caliber and found the Vepr was much more accurate. I'd bet a .223 would more than rival the average AR.

My saigas rival most average AR's. So the VEPR may top above average AR's.

Edited by liberty -r- death