Love shooting but not gonna pretend I know anything about modifying a gun. Plus I am just too busy and just want o purchase the right thing. Ordered an RKSP from red jacket but after 9-10 months without a return phone call from them I am canceling my order.

Where can I get a similar or better AK?

What should I be looking for?

Reading the Internet about these guns is too confusing cause it's hard to determine who is just trying to make a sale.

Thanks

Some very nice rifles, that are already converted, come up for sale in the WTS/WTT forum here.

I'd keep a eye out.

From my previous purchases, I can recommend Mississippi Auto Arms. I've bought two Saigas from them, first rate experiences.

They sell regular imports and some nice conversions.

Lone Star Arms does awesome work and is very well regarded.

Atlantic Firearms

K-Var

As for modifications, aka converting, seriously, it is super easy and takes a hour with a Dremel and a few hand tools.

There are some great DIY video tutorials.

Buy the rifle, buy the parts you want, throw'em on the kitchen table, a hour or two later... Abracadabra!

Edited by ChileRelleno

Get a Tac-47. It's about a million times better than the RedJacket. And, it doesn't come with television drama. I have one and I trust it with my life. Another great build that I have used is a Tromix. It's just as good. My friend waited a while for his Tromix and I had a quick turn around and a great experience with Tac47. In the future, I plan to get on the list for a tromix and have tac47 build me a nice 5.45 with all the regular fixings.

When I first started out looking for good gunsmiths, red jacket was not on television and offered very affordable discount conversions for the saiga12. They were crude but apparently worked good.

If you want to buy a real name, get a conversion by Tromix and have the receiver stamped by him. Document it and put it in your safe for a good investment. If you want to go and kick the shit out of one of the most dependable conversions on the market, get the tac47. You wont have to wait as long.

Lots of good builders out there. Best of luck with your mission.

N

Edited by storm6490
  • Like 2

Get yourself on Tonys build list at Tromix and buy yourself a used WASR for $200-$250 to have fun shooting until your Tromix arrives....... Then sell the WASR.......

Edited by Saiga Power
  • Like 1

Get yourself on Tonys build list at Tromix and buy yourself a used WASR for $200-$250 to have fun shooting until your Tromix arrives....... Then sell the WASR.......

PM me also, for that price, I'd LOVE to have a beater!!

i know you said you dont have the time and dont want to take the time, but maybe reconsider that thought process. It really is quite fulfilling to fire your saiga in sporter config, convert it, and then fire it in ak config.

• Like 1

What about a Krinkov M92 from Atlantic Firearms? I know nothing about this gun.

I am starting to change my mind a bit about doing some mods myself. You guys are talking me into it. Is there somewhere I can get a complete parts list?

Or how about this question...if you were going to buy an AK right now on Gunbroker.com which one would you get?

Thanks again.

Edited by Jslack13

if you were going to buy an AK right now on Gunbroker.com which one would you get?

The one that isn't being mis-represented/hyped up by its seller to make more money from those who don't know any better.

Other than that, if I wanted a genuine Russian AK and didn't want to do the conversion myself, then I would just get an Arsenal AK. They're regarded as top notch.

if you were going to buy an AK right now on Gunbroker.com which one would you get?

The one that isn't being mis-represented/hyped up by its seller to make more money from those who don't know any better.

Other than that, if I wanted a genuine Russian AK and didn't want to do the conversion myself, then I would just get an Arsenal AK. They're regarded as top notch.

I am not buying from gunbroker, just used that as a reference. I am just anxious to buy as I've been waiting forever for red jacket which obviously cannot fill orders. I want to buy from a dealer direct with a good reputation. Thx

If you want a great AK conversion that is ready to ship, call Atlantic Firearms.

Here is the current stock, http://www.atlanticf...category90.aspx , pick one & place your order.

I'd love to have that Zastava, that is sweet, or any of the Veprs.

Support S12.coms Business Members.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

What about a Krinkov M92 from Atlantic Firearms? I know nothing about this gun.

I am starting to change my mind a bit about doing some mods myself. You guys are talking me into it. Is there somewhere I can get a complete parts list?

Or how about this question...if you were going to buy an AK right now on Gunbroker.com which one would you get?

Thanks again.

You can pickup everything you need (except for the saiga) from www.carolinashootersupply.com they even have videos to show you exactly how to do it. Same videos I followed just last weekend and managed to get it done.

If you want a great AK conversion that is ready to ship, call Atlantic Firearms.

Here is the current stock, http://www.atlanticf...category90.aspx , pick one & place your order.

I'd love to have that Zastava, that is sweet, or any of the Veprs.

Support S12.coms Business Members.

I think I am liking the Zastava too. The more I am thinking about this I kind of just want a plain old AK47. The heavily modified ones start looking like an AR15 and I already have a heavily modified AR15. (own 2 AR's)

The AK i fell in love with from the beginning is exactly what you see in every war movie with an AK and the Zastava is that gun.

I am seconds away from pulling the trigger on this purchase.

Thanks for all the help.

Edited by Jslack13

Congratulations. Your order has been placed. Please hit the print button in your browser and make a copy for your records. Zastava AK-47 M70 PAP 7.62x39 Rifle $679.00

Im stoked. Can't wait to beat the crap out of this thing. Ordered from Atlantic Firearms.

The more I looked the more I realized I wanted a no frills AK. When I have the urge to go to the range and play Rambo that's what one of my AR15's is for. Thanks for the help guys and ChiliRelleno for the suggestion.

Jslack13, while you're waiting on your Yugo rifle, you might want to start hitting the gym, (if that's not already part of your routine) ...if you want to fire offhand and carry it all day comfortably, that is. wink.png

They're overbuilt for an AK, and therefore a good deal heavier than Saigas/standard AKMs.

That said... Congrats! You ordered from a great company to do business with. 032.gif

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Jslack13, while you're waiting on your Yugo rifle, you might want to start hiting the gym, (if that's not already part of your routine) ...if you want to fire offhand and carry it all day comfortably, that is. wink.png

They're overbuilt for an AK, and therefore a good deal heavier than Saigas/standard AKMs.

That said... Congrats! You ordered from a great company to do business with. 032.gif

Ya I was aware its a heavy beast. The workout will do me good.

Jslack13, while you're waiting on your Yugo rifle, you might want to start hiting the gym, (if that's not already part of your routine) ...if you want to fire offhand and carry it all day comfortably, that is. wink.png

Ya I was aware its a heavy beast. The workout will do me good.

Excellent. I'm glad to hear that you have some idea of what you're in for when using an unnecessarily heavy rifle like that. Most do not. wink.png

Imo, if the receiver's >1mm, (and it's not a dedicated LMG), it better be 12-ga, or a heavy .30 cal, (.308 or 7.62x54R) wink.png

ymmv, but I doubt it.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Congratulations on your purchase! Looks like a sweet rifle, and you got what you wanted...if I had the extra dough, I wouldn't mind having one for the safe...course, to hear my wife tell it, I would like to have two of everything! ( She ain't wrong! ;) )

If you have any questions please feel free to email our office we do also try to offer a small discount on non sale firearms for SAiga 12 members so you will need to email for this info please include the item you want & your S12 user name. sales@atlanticfirearms.com

PAPm70.jpg

Thanks Atlantic Firearms for everything. Gun arrived quickly. Looks great. I couldn't be happier.