• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad you said that! I dig the design, but it was a little too much like the pistols used in the 80's sitcom "v", so I redesigned mine and with the help of my good friend Tom bostic, this is my person

You're new. You'll get used to my "snarkiness".   I'm glad that my comment got the desired result. Thanks for conducting the tests and posting video.   I still think it's a poor design, (and lo

Might be a bit until it's uploaded but:       Needs more editing, we put around 200 rounds through it, The Saiga is a new one, needs a better gas plug to cycle with low brass, but ran well Re

Posted Images

He says he is shipping hundreds a day 6 days a week. But not 1 person has posted that they have received one!

not to be fussy but all i see is a bunch of boxes that say Kushnapup on them. is their anything in them? How about a pic of the first level of boxes on the palets all opened with kushnapups inside?

Reminds me a moving company commercial shoot where the owner was moving empty boxes. I wouldn't put it past Kushnapup at this point.

I wonder what it feels like to be a turd? Maybe someone from Kushnapup can chime in....

not to be fussy but all i see is a bunch of boxes that say Kushnapup on them. is their anything in them? How about a pic of the first level of boxes on the palets all opened with kushnapups inside?

Hahaha exactly what I was thinking when I got the update/photos. Its like this guy has all the oppurtunity in the world to set peoples minds at ease, just comes up with BS on why he doesnt act on it.

Ive been wrong before, but its seems like more of the same... I'd expect an update on how the building caught fire and all the polymer melted and they have to start from scratch with a new vendor because they want to make it better than the previous make believe designs.

• Like 3

Hi all, I'm new to the forum, and really don't read forums, but I felt the need to share this info with the Saiga community.

In short, I asked if they would be shipping soon, and here is the reply:

"There are 10 of these.. I am processing out orders for shipment today,

tomorrow, the next day, Saturday, Monday and shipping will continue

throughout the week and everyday there after."

he also included a picture of what was shipping that day.

So for those of us that placed an order, we should be seeing these very shortly. When I receive mine, i'll post pics of the conversion. I've shot other bullpup conversions and wasn't impressed with the bulk and feel of it, so we'll see about this one. I've read that many have had issues with Bjorn, but I have nothing bad to say at all, actually the transaction and communication has been quick and pleasant.

-Greg

"Hi, I'm a shill for kushnapup running an astroturfing campaign."

Fixed that for you.

• Like 1

found this new video on youtube posted yesterday. I dont believe it is a actual review on the current products supposably being shipped..in the video he states his is a proto type made of cheap plastic. Therefore why would you post this video yesterday if it was a prototype i assume being a prototype he had for a while...here is the vid..and the only vid by anyone other then Bjorn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGmExWG2LCY&feature=plcp

On the websight --Under Shipping Info

Pre Orders ETA

All orders as of 4:40 pm May 9th have been shipped. Tracking numbers will go out today and tomorrow for all pre orders. New orders placed will be receiving tracking numbers tomorrow.

Waiting on my tracking number.

ditto on the tracking number...got mine late in the afternoon....here are some details....it looks like it's in process at USPS:

Your item has been processed at our origin sort facility at 8:39 pm on May 09, 2012 in SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84199. Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility, May 09, 2012, 7:24 pm, HEBER CITY, UT 84032 Shipment Accepted, May 09, 2012, 2:51 pm, HEBER CITY, UT 84032 Electronic Shipping Info Received, May 08, 2012

dont know why he just doesnt post a pic on the kushnapup site of those jumbo palets of kushnapup boxes with the top layers all opened up showing the stocks inside..not hard..not a big deal...that would pretty much seal the deal for me.

• Like 1

So let me get this straight, the only folks with tracking numbers are those with extremely new accounts?

Nope, not suspicious at all.

Still and all, I want a kushnapup so damned bad!

It's so much more compact and sleek than the CBRPS bullpup kit.

...take a look when i registered this account...just because I don't post much doesn't mean it's just created...and then compare to when your acct was created... :-)

anyways, just posted the info as maybe some folks would care...I am aware there is a lot of doubt out there considreding all the delays and drama... and I have seen it before that other companies have given out tracking numbers without actually placing the order with USPS...but based on the tracking number i got the thing is being processed, so something is shipping...

I just hope I catch the mailman on saturday, otherwise I'll have to run by the post office on Monday to pick it up..they don't often leave packages around here, just the little slip to pick it up...

• Like 1

...take a look when i registered this account...just because I don't post much doesn't mean it's just created...and then compare to when your acct was created... :-)

anyways, just posted the info as maybe some folks would care...I am aware there is a lot of doubt out there considreding all the delays and drama... and I have seen it before that other companies have given out tracking numbers without actually placing the order with USPS...but based on the tracking number i got the thing is being processed, so something is shipping...

I just hope I catch the mailman on saturday, otherwise I'll have to run by the post office on Monday to pick it up..they don't often leave packages around here, just the little slip to pick it up...

Honestly, you don't seem like an astroturfer.

I'm seriously hoping the kushnapups arrive and reviews follow.

That's my video, I wasn't given a prototype to do a review on it. I did not have permission to release anything until recently. I have not had it very long. I can answer some questions but most will have it soon I suspect. I am not in business with Kushnapup however, so my opinions are my own. Also, I've yet to receive tracking info.

• Like 1

Looks like your a newbie as of today at 2 am. and that you and your club are very much into firearms especially Kalashnikov format..Seems strange you wouldnt have been on here along time ago. and why would you recieve a prototype? to use it or hold you off untill your supposed real kushnapup arrives? I dont get it, Its a prototype for obviously to review.

I only registered to post a comment to you linking to the video; prior to that I was content in reading and not commenting. I had the prototype to review the installation in order to provide feedback to the company. I presume I was selected for the task because of the unsolicited feedback I'd given prior.

I only registered to post a comment to you linking to the video; prior to that I was content in reading and not commenting. I had the prototype to review the installation in order to provide feedback to the company. I presume I was selected for the task because of the unsolicited feedback I'd given prior.

You seem like a good guy and I really liked your review, it was comprehensive, honest, and well filmed.

Maybe you could post more stuff, we are a little short of sanity here.

In favor of trying to share something, this is what I added on the Bullpup Forum:

http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=696.0

During my conversations with Kushnapup over the past year and a half (my unsolicited feedback) the panic of the ATF's block of the Saiga-12 with customs became a large issue. I suggested making the stock work with other calibers so the shotgun freeze wouldn't destroy any future plans for the design. He admitted later that he took it to heart and temporarily obtained each caliber to see how it would fit. The final installation manual reflects this. Also in the instruction manual is the concern that if you install the stock on a 16" rifle and then remove the stock tangs to attach the buttpad you will no longer meet the overall length requirement of 26". This is not a concern on the shotgun as they require an 18" barrel by federal law. Below are a few more of humble thoughts. I am quite sure that in a few weeks many of you will have vastly more time with the system than I have had.

Pros:

Reduces overall length

Balances the weight of the weapon closer to the body

Cleaning can still be done with the stock attached, using a pull through system

If you find the Warsaw Pack length AKM stocks too short you may like the LOP

Access to the bolt-lock and gas detent are retained

Trigger is adjustable and I found it to my liking, a case of "good enough"

Aesthetically unique

Installation isn't more complicated than Ikea furniture

Cons:

Installation of front sling swivel was irritating the first time, don't like the design

In a potential catastrophe the danger area is closer to the eye

The stock needs to be removed in order to do a thorough cleaning

LOP (close to the FN FS2000) is longer than I prefer

Magazine feeding is made more awkward, a general bullpup problem compounded by the paddle-release of an AK

Requires an aftermarket rail installation to have sights

Initial shock of so many small parts to the kit

Stock tangs need to be removed in order to install the buttpad

Rifles with 16" barrels do not meet the minimum length requirement of 26"

Saiga-12 models without the sight rib will require drilling and tapping to mount a sight rail

Use of drums gets in the way of what I feel is a secure and proper hold of the firearm, I do not hip-shoot

The installation manual reads like a forum post

Suggestions:

I believe a left-hand hand-stop is necessary

Optional rail for optic instead of something aftermarket, possibly floating over gas-tube

Optional rail under the forearm for personal selection of vertical grips

Optional buttpad that extends to no longer require removing the stock tangs, possibly of hard rubber, will increase LOP

Optional single-point sling attachments

Extended paddle-mag release lever

I suggest adding a small washer behind the trigger return spring, I found it just made it keep the spring lined up the way I wanted it to while I put the two halves together.

The question of durability is up in the air for me. I hope the final product is tough, but the general design seems like the gun will give the stock's internal ribs a beating.

• Like 1
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.