got mine in today...pics woudl be same as everyone else. ... didn't get the tshirt..oh well. looks pretty good overall, a few screws a bit long, but nothing a file can't handle.

don't really like that you either gotta cut into a bigger butt bad to accomodate the tang or cut it off...(if the stock woudl have been 3/4 inch longer it woudl have fit right in - and the rifle owners woudl have been fine as well..)well, wanted to get a folding stock one of these days anyways, so it will probably come off this weekend.

definitely need to add a rail as the normal sights are pretty useless in this stock...no way to get your eye low enough to use them...

either way, can't wait to take her out again.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad you said that! I dig the design, but it was a little too much like the pistols used in the 80's sitcom "v", so I redesigned mine and with the help of my good friend Tom bostic, this is my person

You're new. You'll get used to my "snarkiness".   I'm glad that my comment got the desired result. Thanks for conducting the tests and posting video.   I still think it's a poor design, (and lo

Might be a bit until it's uploaded but:       Needs more editing, we put around 200 rounds through it, The Saiga is a new one, needs a better gas plug to cycle with low brass, but ran well Re

Posted Images

just got mine 5 min ago..... not sure what to think yet........ I cant believe i actually fing got it.

I was order like 99X and that was god knows when last year. wow, I can't wait to see if it actually fing works.

If this works it will have been cool to be a sorta beta tester. If not, meh. I want to believe........

SOMEONE POST PICS!!!!!!

I will when I get done with it.

Here's mine built, shooting at 5 or so this evening, and will add that footage to build video. My wife is actually more impressed with it than I am. She always tires out shooting from her support hand. This thing, is very, very light on the front end. I need to find a rail for it as well, seems most people our out, anyone have a lead?

post-4550-0-44786900-1336840050_thumb.jpg

Edit: It actually might fit with the 24'. Also, has anyone found any youtube video reviews on the kushnapup? It seems strange that nobody has made one yet other than aftermathgunclub guy. My search on youtube comes up with the same videos.

Edited by Corruptz0rz

There is 1 new video on youtube about the kushnapup, the guy jus goes over the stock real quick. No assembly or shooter review tho.

whats the overall length ?

should be 26.5" guy on youtube said the the extra barrel length = legal. will be a prob if you cut the tang off on rifle. allegedly.

here is my buddies kush

2012-05-1095202343.jpg

2012-05-1095202359.jpg

2012-05-10_202543.jpg

Would be nIce to see pics of someone holding the gun with the drum in it to see how easy or difficult it is to hold.

Website says it is 922r compliant but fails to point out what part(s) it is making compliant.

How does this stock kit play with 922r?

Do you do a typical FCG conversion using US made parts, or leave all the stock linkage parts in place?

Might be a bit until it's uploaded but:

Needs more editing, we put around 200 rounds through it, The Saiga is a new one, needs a better gas plug to cycle with low brass, but ran well Remington birdshot and other brass. The stock seems good to go, mag changes are typical bullpup, I've got the 10 round mags down. I'm at the very end dumping the rounds right in a row.

• Like 4

Okay, trying to run a 5.45 in my stock. Fit and finish are good, some seams don't match up perfectly, but pretty good for a wrap around.

My 5.45 is already converted, which means out of the box I am screwed. The manual says that the stock works for all calibers, but doesn't mention that if you have an already converted saiga, there will be some modifications need to fit.

First off, and my biggest grip, is that the stock is set for resting on the barrel of a 12 gauge. If you try a smaller caliber, there is no support on the barrel which means that there is a small portion of the stock supporting the forend. This will allow twisting in the frame, and lord knows what when firing. There will have to be some form of shims offered for smaller calibers. Until then, I am working on the trigger.

The stock comes with room and fittings for a non-converted saiga 12. If you happen to have some other form of mag release or trigger guard than the original, you will be grinding material off of the stock to make it fit. I had to remove at least a half of an inch to get the stock to fit with my 5.45 around the mag release. I was lucky on the trigger guard on my gun, being that it was a really cheap buy from some guy who nightmare converted it. The trigger guard was epoxied on. Grinding into the receiver anyone? Save I didn't have a riveted trigger guard to contend with.

The stock will take some grinding to get the trigger to fit, then you have to figure out how to make the darn thing work. The side rail on all that I know of saigas won't allow for a nice shift of hardware to get the thing working. You will have to grind the stock and add an extension to the trigger bar to reach the converted trigger. I'm working on a solution, but it isn't finalized yet, so nothing to report yet.

All in all, I am a little sad that the plastic is so light. Something like the K-Var bullpup would have been nice, and that the gun just sits in the shell. I can see wear and tear on the stock, and possible ill fitting after many rounds. Who knows though. Chances are, these things won't be seeing 1000s of rounds, but more along the lines of shits and giggles.

@DK

Thanks for the video. What optic mount is that? Almost looks like the top of a quad rail...

IMHO the lack of a trigger guard isn't much of an issue. The AUG, FAMAS G2, KH2002, Tavor, and SAR 21 use a hand guard instead of the trigger guard and don't seem to have suffered any ill effect.

Edited by CFOofEVIL

so ther is not a trigger gaurd seems like ther shuld be one

No trigger guard and no safety save for the actual saiga's. Kind of a problem in my mind, being that 1, it is difficult to reach in a bullpup config, and 2, it causes the stock to be split up into 3 pieces that allows for flexing of the foregrip.

The optic rail shown in mine is actually the top half of a UTG Galil I had laying around. The Ultimak gas rail was going to be a pain to mount on this new gun. The Galil top rail was chopped to shorten it and then attach around the gas tube using u-bolts. Required quite a bit of dremel work on the U bolts and some reshaping of the bolts, but it seems very, very solid. Time will tell.

Meh.. looks like is should be labeled Mattel!

It does look like very thin material. I'd feel better if the webbing was thicker.

• Like 1

Sorry in advance. I know there's no posts to my name, but I'm just stoked. I got an account here months ago just to get more info on this stock. Maybe my diction is worth something to distinguish me from a Bjorn-ite, but I digress.

I put a Saiga 223 into the thing. Now, I had to cut a bit away from the back of the Kushnapup magwell in order to accommodate the larger mag release, but that was mentioned already in the manual.

Just for fun, here's two long-delayed Saiga 223 upgrades: Kushnapup and Magnolia State Armory adapter.

I'll fire it next week after modifying a Limbsaver to cover the tangs. As for pics, there's a windowed PMag 30, a Surefire 60 and a Chicom 120 round drum. With the stock plugged in, the last one makes me feel like I can fight either Klendathu arachnids, the Covenant, Borg, or any goddamn enemy of humanity. Just...pure testosterone.

post-40134-0-63603300-1336962154_thumb.jpgpost-40134-0-39923900-1336962186_thumb.jpgpost-40134-0-90598100-1336962200_thumb.jpg

Now to get an Ultimak rail so I can just aim the damn thing...

EDIT: Ack, sorry again. This is the Saiga-12 forum...sorry if it's the wrong caliber...

Edited by Invaderflak
  • Like 2

someone should do a review vid..in a trench coat and black glasses like Bjorn ..lol...

Don't forget the cheesy voice modulation. wink.png

...but i gotta give it to him..Bjorn came through..guess good things come in due time.

I'd say it's a little early yet to pronouce them "good". Looks like some hinky shit to me. dry.png

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I'd say it's a little early yet to pronouce them "good". Looks like some hinky shit to me. dry.png

And some people are going to say they suck forever just because of the earlier problems with the company, which is kinda obnoxious. I think the stock looks quite nice, albeit I'd rather have one with a smaller handguard and no VFG-like thing up front (AUG/Tavor/FAMAS-style). People are complaining about the material, but if they made this thing super solid, the weight would be a real SOB.

I do, however, see the problem with the standard sights. DK's video seems to have them using it with an Ultimak, and it looks like it does well with an AR co-witness-height reflex sight (Eotech).

A couple unanswered questions:

1. How's the trigger linkage? Is the pull acceptable?

2. How much better / worse is disassembly?

Edited by erwos

I think overall the material is fine. It doesn't flex under load, I'm up to around 100 rounds of 3" max dram equivalent, Fiochhi, 1-3/4oz loads, with a pile of Wolf Slugs, and Nobel buckshot, I think I'm around the 400 round mark if I had to guess, and it is holding up well. The force is distributed quite well internally, and although the webbing make look thin, the overall external material seems to be decent. I'm not sure what to do with it to abuse it more, perhaps drop it a bit and see what breaks?

...I'm not sure what to do with it to abuse it more, perhaps drop it a bit and see what breaks?

Yes, a drop-test is commonly used as a basic test of durability.

Drop it from ~6" onto concrete, butt first. Have a broom handy. :D

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.