i got mine in the mail a few days ago. so far i love my new trunk monkey. seems pretty sturdy and i love the way it looks with the mag in. still needs some work done to it before i can take it to the range and test it. hopefully soon. ill have to post pics of it when i get a chance.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad you said that! I dig the design, but it was a little too much like the pistols used in the 80's sitcom "v", so I redesigned mine and with the help of my good friend Tom bostic, this is my person

You're new. You'll get used to my "snarkiness".   I'm glad that my comment got the desired result. Thanks for conducting the tests and posting video.   I still think it's a poor design, (and lo

Might be a bit until it's uploaded but:       Needs more editing, we put around 200 rounds through it, The Saiga is a new one, needs a better gas plug to cycle with low brass, but ran well Re

Posted Images

i got mine in the mail a few days ago. so far i love my new trunk monkey. seems pretty sturdy and i love the way it looks with the mag in. still needs some work done to it before i can take it to the range and test it. hopefully soon. ill have to post pics of it when i get a chance.

It came with a trunk monkey?

• Like 1

They look awesome and I am going to even "gulp" order one. Hopefully it will not take a year to get. Then I will give mine a differentl look - hard chrome the barrel, safety, and if possible a trigger, My only concern is where to mount a small red dot - but I will figure that out. - They only all look the same currently.

• Like 1

Yes, a drop-test is commonly used as a basic test of durability.

Drop it from ~6" onto concrete, butt first. Have a broom handy. biggrin.png

Looks like 3 feet or so on to concrete is the normal military test. Your snarky, and uniformed comments convinced me to test it, for your viewing pleasure:

Butt first from 3', twice:

Pistol grip from 3', twice:

As expected, the stock held up fine, say what you will about Bjorn's over-optimistics, or down right misleading shipment date expectations, he has built a good stock, made of good material, and engineered to relieve the stresses during firing and dropping. I should surpass 1000 rounds this weekend with it, weather permitting. The magazine is the weak link, at least 10 round AGP mags. I didn't leave the mag in for the pistol grip first drop, I've seen that before, guns fine, front or rear locking tab ceases to exist.

• Like 1

You're new. You'll get used to my "snarkiness". ;)

I'm glad that my comment got the desired result. Thanks for conducting the tests and posting video.

I still think it's a poor design, (and looks like crap), but at least it's not as breakable as I suspected.

• Like 4

dk, it sounds like you have a lot of experience with this new stock. Im highly interested in ordering one. It's much cheaper than ordering conversion kit/rails/foregrip/stock, etc. Can you tell me any reason(s) why I shouldn't?

As expected, the stock held up fine,

Thanks for the vid.

Alot of us are from the "Oh yeah? Show me!" school when it comes to accessories. Especially those that will turn our guns into paperweights if they fail.

• Like 1

Great video. Honestly, I was/still am a bit worried about the total toughness of the Kush chassis as it isn't nearly as thick as my Steyr's shell.

However, I never expected it to be as completely engineered as the steyr as an example since it is, and I knew it was, a retrofit shell by a small aftermarket company with their first product of this sort.

It is good to see it able to with stand the drops as shown, that's positive. Also good to see it address some of the blind negativity.

As an aside.... What rail is it that you have mounted above the gas tune on that Saiga in the video?

You're new. You'll get used to my "snarkiness". wink.png

I'm glad that my comment got the desired result. Thanks for conducting the tests and posting video.

I still think it's a poor design, (and looks like crap), but at least it's not as breakable as I suspected.

I've lurked a bit over the years, I like the snarkiness honestly, it's why I come back!

dk, it sounds like you have a lot of experience with this new stock. Im highly interested in ordering one. It's much cheaper than ordering conversion kit/rails/foregrip/stock, etc. Can you tell me any reason(s) why I shouldn't?

It's much easier and less costly than converting to be sure. The only catch is it's a bullpup. For me, I love them, I own a few MSARS, and an RFB, so this was a natural move on my part. I practice the reloading drills over and over on these guys to get use to it. I'm not a huge fan of this stock with 10 round mags in it, they run into the pistol grip, nearly everytime, although I'm getting better at it, I think I need to go with a magwell when someone launches one that does require mag mods.

Great video. Honestly, I was/still am a bit worried about the total toughness of the Kush chassis as it isn't nearly as thick as my Steyr's shell.

However, I never expected it to be as completely engineered as the steyr as an example since it is, and I knew it was, a retrofit shell by a small aftermarket company with their first product of this sort.

It is good to see it able to with stand the drops as shown, that's positive. Also good to see it address some of the blind negativity.

As an aside.... What rail is it that you have mounted above the gas tune on that Saiga in the video?

The rail is one I've "made" It started it's life as a UTG Galil quad rail, at least the top half. It was chopped to shorten it, and then attached using very modifed Ubolts and screws. Seems to hold up ok, the gun landed on the optic a few times during the pistol grip video as you saw and it stayed tight and in place, I'm happy so far.

Looks like 3 feet or so on to concrete is the normal military test. Your snarky, and uniformed comments convinced me to test it, for your viewing pleasure:

Butt first from 3', twice:

[media=]

[/media

Pistol grip from 3', twice:

[media=]

[/media

As expected, the stock held up fine, say what you will about Bjorn's over-optimistics, or down right misleading shipment date expectations, he has built a good stock, made of good material, and engineered to relieve the stresses during firing and dropping. I should surpass 1000 rounds this weekend with it, weather permitting. The magazine is the weak link, at least 10 round AGP mags. I didn't leave the mag in for the pistol grip first drop, I've seen that before, guns fine, front or rear locking tab ceases to exist.

Can you do it with a mag full of 3 inch slugs?

Good question!

Let us know and post the videos of these tests with yours. Should try all of your weapons and optics. If they pass with a full load of the heaviest ammo, up the anti and strap a brick to them as well. We want to know the breaking point. Every platform will have one, we just need to know where that is.

Thanks for doing this for the rest of us.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who finds it rather crass to tell someone to stress test their gun until they break it? Go buy a Kushnapup stock and do it yourself. The stock ain't that expensive. Trying to save money by causing someone else to lose money... doesn't sit well with me.

Am I the only one who finds it rather crass to tell someone to stress test their gun until they break it? Go buy a Kushnapup stock and do it yourself. The stock ain't that expensive. Trying to save money by causing someone else to lose money... doesn't sit well with me.

I agree. That was my point. The guy that did the video already took on a huge burden and risk, then you have someone dismissing it essentially saying it wasn't enough of a test.

Through Sarcasm, I communicated the guy should go stress his own guns.

Maybe he was joking, I don't know, but ya... it's ridiculous.

I agree. That was my point. The guy that did the video already took on a huge burden and risk, then you have someone dismissing it essentially saying it wasn't enough of a test.

Through Sarcasm, I communicated the guy should go stress his own guns.

Maybe he was joking, I don't know, but ya... it's ridiculous.

LOL.

Did i tell/ask they guy to test it until he broke it? No! I asked if he could do it with a mag full of 3" slugs. Hell a mag full of bulk pack bird shot would work to. If anything, the AGP mag would snap off before the stock broke.

LOL.

Did i tell/ask they guy to test it until he broke it? No! I asked if he could do it with a mag full of 3" slugs. Hell a mag full of bulk pack bird shot would work to. If anything, the AGP mag would snap off before the stock broke.

LOL. Then do it with your own. I, for one, am eagerly awaiting the video.

LOL.

Will do. I'll have it up in the next two days.

Except its not a bull pup and it wont be an AGP or SGM mag (dont own any) and all i have is 2-3/4" 1oz slugs.

I'll start a new thread when i upload the video.

Edited by Mullet Man

LOL.

Will do. I'll have it up in the next two days.

Except its not a bull pup and it wont be an AGP or SGM mag (dont own any) and all i have is 2-3/4" 1oz slugs.

I'll start a new thread when i upload the video.

I'm proud of you.

The mag, in this case an AGP will fail, I have no doubt about it, I've done it on accident before, the first one that failed actually was right when they launched, and it actually failed when the mag hit a barrier on approach, just tore the front lug right off. My point in these tests was to show that the stock shouldn't worry anyone in terms of failure, your 10 or 12 round mag is going to die first. The 5 round stock mags would have no issue, far less leverage, better materials, etc, but I have not confidence in the AGP mags. I don't own any SGM mags, are they made in a similar manner as the AGP? I would like to see some steel mags one of these days, something like the Pakistani clones have.

The mag, in this case an AGP will fail, I have no doubt about it, I've done it on accident before, the first one that failed actually was right when they launched, and it actually failed when the mag hit a barrier on approach, just tore the front lug right off. My point in these tests was to show that the stock shouldn't worry anyone in terms of failure, your 10 or 12 round mag is going to die first. The 5 round stock mags would have no issue, far less leverage, better materials, etc, but I have not confidence in the AGP mags. I don't own any SGM mags, are they made in a similar manner as the AGP? I would like to see some steel mags one of these days, something like the Pakistani clones have.

Thanks for the response and not taking it like a douchebag, like the other guys. Good videos too.

Thanks for the response and not taking it like a douchebag, like the other guys. Good videos too.

Waiting on the video. Link me when it's ready.

bjorn, what is the problem with shooting the gun with 3" loads or birdshot? if it can't run that ammo you might as well cover it in shellac and hang it on the wall

Edited by Russian Hammer
  • Like 1

bjorn, what is the problem with shooting the gun with 3" loads or birdshot? if it can't run that ammo you might as well cover it in shellac and hang it on the wall

I am pretty sure that an issue of tuning one's Saiga, not the bullpup chassis?

I get the joke, but ya... not sure how it's a valid dig on Bjorn.

Ok, quick update, I'm past the 1K marked now, with primarily federal bulk pack stuff, which works well in the gun, although I'm going to open up the 3 gas ports a bit so it will run winchester I do believe. I have a TAC-47 plug in it, which does wonders when you throw a random 3" Fiocchi in there for fun when you pass the gun to someone else. NO change in the stock, nothing broken, it's been beat on some more over the past few days, riding in the truck etc. Good to go still.

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.