* * * * * 1 votes

Kushnapup V update!

172 replies to this topic

#151 speed-chaser

speed-chaser

• 7 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

well recived mine and it's not as bad that I thouth it was going to be

the bigest thing is they could of add a 1" to the end of the stock they where there

next is the fit they could done better. I had two to three hours filing it in, I'm just picky

better grade of fasteners would be nice the ones they sent are cheap junk

so I made a butt stock extion and made a gas tube top rail still need some work knocked out the back iron sight and drilled and tap out the front sight to mount

all in all turned out fair to good

speed

Attached Files

• Dad2142Dad and Bigchris like this

#152 Bigchris

Bigchris

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

that stock extension and rail you made are nice!!!!!!Posted Image how did you make the rail??

#153 Caged

Caged

Cекира Перуна

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

Good God some of you girls are sensitive...
  • Russian Hammer and renegade331 like this
I am now pulling back the thing that you pull back before you fire the gun...

#154 ec4321

ec4321

Чеви сосет

• PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Nice custom rail!

ATF Tech Branch Letterhttp://i.imgur.com/h9wxb5t.png

Question: Can a permanently attached muzzle attachment which brings the length of a rifle barrel to 16 inches or greater be removed and immediately replaced with a muzzle attachment of a different design?

Answer: Yes, provided that the replacement is performed expeditiously, that the new attachment is of sufficient length to allow the resulting barrel to measure greater than 16 inches in length, and the method of attachment meets ATF guidelines for permanent attachment. 

#155 Johnson

Johnson

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

How did you make the rail? whats is screwed into?

#156 BpS12

BpS12

Citizen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

Nice rail. To bad the stock doesn't come with that.

I love Bullpups, just not the Steyr/Tavor style. They lack all but the most modest personalization. Fitting for a Military weapon, but I'm not in the Military any more, lol.

Kushnapup issues(imho)...lacks the ability to swap out pgs and fgs for better fit-n-feel, needs a wrench to get into the receiver(iiuc), no top sights/rail, no side/bottom/forward rails(though it seems the holes for side rails are there), given the mag to pg distance I doubt any drum can be used(same with KVars), and how much does it add to the width of the weapon? 1/2" - 1"?
Also I'm curious to hear how difficult/easy it is to rotate the gas adj knob? It should be fine for an Auto plug or similar, but I'm betting slots and notches will be cut out of the stock shortly. Had similar issue with the KVar.
Someone mentioned a "two stage" feel on the plastic trigger. Good for DMR/SR but for a shotty, I prefer pull/click/bang similtaneously.

Things going for it... Light weight, nice/"space aged" looking, safer reciever covering than the KVar, simple installation. I'm sure this would be great for a "trunk" gun or the like. And I believe the price will drop as time goes by, just as for many other products.

That said, I hope all of you that have taken the plunge get all the enjoyment/utility out of it you intended to.
  • ec4321 likes this
"Faith is OF the Individual, Religion is FOR the Community. Unfortunately, Religion OFTEN tramples over Faith."
"Ignorance is simply not knowing. Stupidity is knowing and choosing not to act accordingly."
"Look back ONLY to learn, NEVER to regret."
"From his weapons away, No one should ever stir one step upon the field. For no one knows, when need might have, of a sudden, a man of his weapon." Odin from the Havamal

#157 ec4321

ec4321

Чеви сосет

• PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

Nice rail. To bad the stock doesn't come with that.

I love Bullpups, just not the Steyr/Tavor style. They lack all but the most modest personalization. Fitting for a Military weapon, but I'm not in the Military any more, lol.

Kushnapup issues(imho)...lacks the ability to swap out pgs and fgs for better fit-n-feel, needs a wrench to get into the receiver(iiuc), no top sights/rail, no side/bottom/forward rails(though it seems the holes for side rails are there), given the mag to pg distance I doubt any drum can be used(same with KVars), and how much does it add to the width of the weapon? 1/2" - 1"?
Also I'm curious to hear how difficult/easy it is to rotate the gas adj knob? It should be fine for an Auto plug or similar, but I'm betting slots and notches will be cut out of the stock shortly. Had similar issue with the KVar.
Someone mentioned a "two stage" feel on the plastic trigger. Good for DMR/SR but for a shotty, I prefer pull/click/bang similtaneously.

Things going for it... Light weight, nice/"space aged" looking, safer reciever covering than the KVar, simple installation. I'm sure this would be great for a "trunk" gun or the like. And I believe the price will drop as time goes by, just as for many other products.

That said, I hope all of you that have taken the plunge get all the enjoyment/utility out of it you intended to.

Forward Rail instead of a integral grip (if you can call it that), would have been a HUGE plus. Top rail? That's a ultimak or other gas tube rail, it needs one ya, but it's clearly stated and even suggested to get one.

I agree it's a huge sacrifice for serviceability in general, but I knew that going into it. To address this properly, a bullpup really has to be designed as such from the ground up.

For me, I am having the stock saiga reworked by a top notch armorer as well so it runs flawlessly and will use it primarily as a home defense platform and play at the range maybe once or twice a year.

Question: Can a permanently attached muzzle attachment which brings the length of a rifle barrel to 16 inches or greater be removed and immediately replaced with a muzzle attachment of a different design?

Answer: Yes, provided that the replacement is performed expeditiously, that the new attachment is of sufficient length to allow the resulting barrel to measure greater than 16 inches in length, and the method of attachment meets ATF guidelines for permanent attachment. 

#158 redrumtattoo

redrumtattoo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

...ill have to post pics of it when i get a chance.

Why bother? They all look the same, (yet another reason to go with better parts). *yawn*

Glad you said that! I dig the design, but it was a little too much like the pistols used in the 80's sitcom "v", so I redesigned mine and with the help of my good friend Tom bostic, this is my personal one off of the Kushnapup

Attached Files

• G O B, AZG, dep714 and 3 others like this

#159 JoeyPBasically

JoeyPBasically

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

Thats awesome .....I have so many questions....mainly the flashlight and the carry handle

#160 -Indy-

-Indy-

Weapons GURU

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 10,260 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

Nice work!! :up:

:smoke:
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
~ Thomas Jefferson

It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance; for it requires knowledge to perceive it and therefore he that can perceive it, hath it not.
Jeremy Taylor
English prelate (1613 - 1667)

"The AG has determined that you're a potential terrorist, because only potential terrorists are interested in buying guns."

#161 post-apocalyptic

post-apocalyptic

magnificent bastard

• Banned
  • 4,814 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

Why bother? They all look the same, (yet another reason to go with better parts). *yawn*

Glad you said that! I dig the design, but it was a little too much like the pistols used in the 80's sitcom "v", so I redesigned mine and with the help of my good friend Tom bostic, this is my personal one off of the Kushnapup

That is a hell of an improvement, I have to admit. Nicely done. :up:

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#162 redrumtattoo

redrumtattoo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

That is a hell of an improvement, I have to admit. Nicely done. Posted Image

Thank you!!

#163 deadeye

deadeye

bloodshot

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

thats awesome
"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own goverment."

George Washington

#164 speed-chaser

speed-chaser

• 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

updated made some side rails and finshed top rail ano look nice too

speedshop

Attached Files

• Dad2142Dad likes this

#165 mavidal

mavidal

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

Nice work Speed.

#166 speed-chaser

speed-chaser

• 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

Made taller top rail turn out nice Posted Image

Attached Files

#167 mavidal

mavidal

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

Nice work!

Mike

#168 -Indy-

-Indy-

Weapons GURU

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 10,260 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

COOL!!!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
~ Thomas Jefferson

It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance; for it requires knowledge to perceive it and therefore he that can perceive it, hath it not.
Jeremy Taylor

"The AG has determined that you're a potential terrorist, because only potential terrorists are interested in buying guns."

#169 ec4321

ec4321

Чеви сосет

• PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

I love the stubby side rails you mounted to the Kushnapup chassis. Where did you get the rails? Did you make them or are they off the shelf.

#170 speed-chaser

speed-chaser

• 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

I love the stubby side rails you mounted to the Kushnapup chassis. Where did you get the rails? Did you make them or are they off the shelf.

I make and sell ebay thanks speed

#171 ec4321

ec4321

Чеви сосет

• PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

I make and sell ebay thanks speed

I am in.

Where can I find the auctions?

Can you post and / or PM me?

EDIT: Disregard. I found them. Order in. Thanks.

Edited by ec4321, 19 August 2012 - 03:05 PM.

#172 Tavarishch

Tavarishch

• 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

How did you make the extended butt stock? My kushnapup kit is going to be here soon and I like the idea of saving the rear tang. Please tell us how you did it.

#173 -Indy-

-Indy-

Weapons GURU

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 10,260 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

Read my review thread I describe it in there... I used the FACTORY buttstock, I cut off the last inch and a quarter or so... ( you can do what you want, for length... you need at least an inch and an eighth to cover the tang ) on a miter saw so that it was square, and just put longer screws into the rear of the kpup stock. through the additional buttstock you just cut. once you get the parts in your hand, its pretty self explanitory... :up:

:smoke:
~ Thomas Jefferson

Jeremy Taylor

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users