Was offered an interesting AK today for only $300, but.....

...it was allegedly fully automatic. A friend's friend who served overseas claimed she got it off a dead Iraqi, and somehow got it back to the States. And converted it to 5.56x45.

So, mind-bogglingly implausible logistics aside, I told the guy a quick and emphatic No. No way in Hell am I gonna risk hard time in a federal pennitentary for that.

When I was in a long line waiting to board the freedom bird in Saudi Arabia after Desert Storm, a few of us had FA AK's broken down and hidden in between the inside bottom of a sea bag flap and the actual outside bottom ( stitching was removed, receiver inserted, bottom flap was re-sewn). A couple of guys at the front of the line with the same idea were pulled off to the side and their sea bag was being dismantled by the amnesty barrels, and viola! Full auto Iraqi AK's! Needless to say, my buddy and I retreated towards the back of the line behind other bunkered amnesty barrels, and ditched ours. We knew that someday the guys junking some of the retired hummers and cut v's, and utility vehicles that went on MPS ships would run into a few of those babies. I wished that I was one of them. I wouldn't risk the opportunity you are presented with, though.

Smells like a fed who wants everything you own.

Do you own a sizable piece of property, or a nice place to shoot on your land? Sounds like a set up to me also. Sounds like something that certain ABC groups would do!

Good call not buying it. There are a bunch that made it here from Iraq and Afghanistan. Military Customs guys were busting troops smuggling home other things from Afghanistan like grenades and land mines. They had one guy who had an Anti-Armor mine in his bag and it was armed. They also busted some guys in an Army Engineer unit that had dropped the oil pans on their bulldozers and stashed AKs inside, then refilled with oil. Someone ran their mouth so they were out there tearing down equipment and finding them.

Sorry for the threadjack but here is one example who was caught here locally. All of the stuff in these pics were one bust.

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123010605

040727-F-0000C-001.jpg040727-F-0000C-002.jpg040727-F-0000C-003.jpg040727-F-0000C-004.jpg

• Like 1

As wrong as MY reply might seem to SOME OF YA... I would have at LEAST asked for PICTURES of this rifle... If you got nice clear photos, and there was NO third hole... you would have been all set buying a rifle from a dumbass for cheap that was trying to make up shit to get it to sell... NO THIRD HOLE - NO PROBLEM! 032.gif

If however there WAS the third hole... Then you say NO at that point and walk away... nothing more harmful than loooking at a photograph... But hey... Whatever...

Does this person STILL have the rifle... Will they EMAIL *ME* pics of it??? is it still for sale for $300.00?? Cause... If its just some semiauto 5.45... I would give 300 all day long if its in great shape!!

000.gif

Good call. Back in 2008, the BATFE was at our local fun show. Me and my dad were walking around, and saw this guy with a very interesting MAK-90-ish AK on his back for $400. It had the wood of A MAK, chromed bolt carrier of a MAK, but the receiver looked odd for a MAK(no slant cut). He kept walking back and forth to a big white van in the lot. He finally got close enough I could see the receiver. 3rd pin....bad juju. Dad, being the typical ex-cop, started watching the van. Someone in the van was snapping pics of anyone/everyone walking out with large ammo purchases and rifles. I passed the info on to a bud of mine working at the show. After about 30 minutes, local LEO showed up, and instructed the van and said "salesman" to beat it or they were going to county lockup. One guy in the van started yelling at the LEO about being a Fed Agent, jurisdiction, and what not. Cop coolly responded, "I don't give a shit if you are the POTUS, get the hell out of here or I'm arresting you for trespassing and taking your little bait toy as evidence of a firearm violation." Seems they had/have a problem with our FTF sales here, and were trying to make a fast bust.

• Like 4

Yeah, I remember the first local show after the elections in 08, there was "certain" vehicle that kept slowly cruisin up and down the main road in front of the show, taking pictures of seems like everybody coming and going. My cousin is retired from the local LE but still has connections. Well, he made a phonecall and it wasn't a couple of minutes, they had this fella bluelighted, out of his car and doing some "intense" questioning. He didn't come back. It was a VERY long line that day, so, it gave us some entertainment. After we had noticed him and what he was doing, all that were standing in line started taking pics of him with their cellphones.

CANNOT TRUST honest law abiding Americans that go to those awefull gun shows!

• Like 1

Are you nuts? $300 for a full auto is a steal! You do know they are typically $12k plus right?

http://www.nfasales.com/machineguns.htm

http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=20459&query=retrieval

Just kidding!!

As wrong as MY reply might seem to SOME OF YA... I would have at LEAST asked for PICTURES of this rifle... If you got nice clear photos, and there was NO third hole... you would have been all set buying a rifle from a dumbass for cheap that was trying to make up shit to get it to sell... NO THIRD HOLE - NO PROBLEM! 032.gif

If however there WAS the third hole... Then you say NO at that point and walk away... nothing more harmful than loooking at a photograph... But hey... Whatever...

Does this person STILL have the rifle... Will they EMAIL *ME* pics of it??? is it still for sale for $300.00?? Cause... If its just some semiauto 5.45... I would give 300 all day long if its in great shape!!

000.gif

Good thinking!

• Like 1

Got to thinking... It may just be a VERY unsafe semi-auto. Dud could be one of those idiots that thinks simply filing down the dis-connector is all that's needed to make it full auto. Then there would be no third hole to look for. You would actually need to look under the hood.

I have heard of some being brought back, but also heard that "they where converted to semi" after being here. Yeh right, don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. If it's for real, show me the pictures or get the hell away. We have a friend that did time in Aghganistan, what ever the spelling for that shit hole is and also Iraq. From what he told me, most of the guns that they picked up, the barrels didn't even have any rifleings in them, they where shot out. He said that he learned very quick why they shoot FA, the bullets where all over the place and they can't hit shit in semi, EVEN if they aimed. His description of the place he was fighting in over there vs fighting over here, was 100% different, although he did say that we're fucked when it comes to IR.

There ARE bring backs, and CERTAIN people can get through, but unless I could put eyes on the gun, I'd run as fast as I could. By the way, does she have BIG tits. Gotta ask :)

General rule, someone asked you if you want an illegal firearm

you say NO!

you defiantly did the right thing the price isn't even a factor

Edited by ZombieJefferson