Lower wooden handguard?

I'm very interested in the wooden stock similar to nyclue3's (top of picture) s12. I already sent out $$ for anticommas girl stock. I love the wooden look on Aks and after doing some research I cannot afford the $499 gas tube setup from dinzag arms to put on a AK hand guard. What steps do I have to take to just have the bottom piece as a hand guard? Thankswhat.gif

post-18006-0-34647300-1336154989.jpg

I really like the look of his S12 too. It looks great, that combination just seems to work really well together. I wouldnt mind having one just like it.

His wooden handguard looks to be a factory type mount. I believe i read where he said that he worked with someone off of this forum to come up with that particular hand guard. It might have been a user by the name of battlerifleg3 on here but i could be mistaken.

I already sent a PM to battlerifleg3 just waiting for a reply.. I have no problem finishing it myself..Is timbersmith a user name? I just got my s12 yesterday and can't wait to get this baby going thanks a bunch.. DO you have a link or pm where to get that russian set Ramlake?