Full Auto USAS-12 (Pic)

Here's a pic I thought you guys might want to see. It's a select-fire USAS-12. You can see three empties in the air. The thing fires very slow with low base shells, only about 450 rounds per minute. With high base stuff it speeds up big time and runs around 700 RPM. Recoil is very mild.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=324236

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

www.tromix.com

Here's a pic I thought you guys might want to see. It's a select-fire USAS-12. You can see three empties in the air. The thing fires very slow with low base shells, only about 450 rounds per minute. With high base stuff it speeds up big time and runs around 700 RPM. Recoil is very mild.

My bump-fire s-12 w/ 9 rounders cyclic rate is probably higher, but damn..that thing roxxxxxx!! :super:

Hey Tony..have you heard of anyone sucsessfully converting the Knoxx drum for the s-12?

what you really need is two...one for each hand. I would suppose that one would need to start lifiting weights to be able to control a FA 12 of any kind with one hand :)

tony - you really know how to tease us, dont ya :)

Tony how would you rate the USAS-12 against the Saiga ?

Give us a list of pros & cons...

LB

I'm not Tony, nor do I play him on the internet, nor do I have his experience. But I'm becoming interested in the USAS12.

I don't own a USAS, but know a little second hand. Wakal has access to both, and for 3gun he sticks with his USAS.

1. Weight - Saiga weighs in at a regular weight. So does the USAS (on the moon). On the earth it weighs a ton. I'm thinking of developing a retractable wheel stock. Remember, weight soaks up recoil .. this is good because ....

2. Reliable- Both can be finicky, but the Saiga much less so. IIRC, Wakal sticks with a pretty stout load (3 3/4 dram eq?). I doubt the saiga would have any issues with this stuff.

3. Cost-USAS are collectable and rare (unless the parts kits are ever built into firearms) and pricing reflects that. Saiga is getting there, but with a new importer coming on line (hopefully) soon that should change. Tack on a $200 stamp and the need to get CLEO sign off or incorporate for ~100 bucks and it's even more lopsided.

4. Cycling speed - Saiga cycles noticably more quickly.

5. Mag prices are comparable, but when our domestic sources come up to speed that should change overnight.

Notice that I have zero impressions of handling or shooting.

I'm on vacation at the moment, deer hunting with my dad unitl 9/25, so this will be short.

The USAS-12 is just wickedly cool! It feels about twice the size and weight of the Saiga, so for all practical purposes I know I should take the Saiga....but, the USAS just has such a cool factor, that I would probably ignore all the problems with it and take it anyway. Mag changes are not any faster with the USAS, since you have to hit the T-slot with the mag like a Thompson SMG which takes a lot of fumbling around. The recoil rod runs down into the stock on the USAS, so there is no chance of a folding stock. Recoil of the USAS, due to weight, is about half of the Saiga.

In general for usefullness, the Saiga wins hands down, but for cool factor, it hasn't got shit on the USAS, its not even in the ballpark. My choice..........just own both and life will be good............