I'm going to start my pistol grip conversion soon. Ordering my stuff this weekend. I just have a couple questions.

1. Do I have to put the bolt hold open back in or will that screw things up?

2. Want to get the Krebs safety lever. Does anyone have one and what's yout thoughts?

( will the Krebs change anything with the BHO? )

3. Whats everyone favorite grip? Kit I'm looking at comes with the SAW grip. Should I upgrade to something else?

Thanks,

Cracker 7

Put the bolt hold open back in it. Nice feature that older ak's don't have,

Krebs safety is nice. Don't personally own one but my friend has it and i like it alot. gonna get it myself.

Saw Grip is what I got but there are alot of other options out there. I took the cheap route with the pistol grip.

post-42173-0-64780400-1336185523_thumb.jpg

Like everyone above said, the BHO is up to you, I left it off all my conversions (saved the parts if I ever decide that I want it in. I just used the stock safety; haven't heard anything bad about the Krebs safety, appears it could be quite handy. The saw grips are an improvement over the skinny stock grips, but I wound up using US Palm grips on all my conversions (they seem similiar to Magpul grips for AR's).

I had problems with the BHO on my S-12, I took it off because it hit the carrier. So I just left it off my 7.62.

Krebs saftey is great except if you have a stock that folds to the right, then they may interfere with each other. The Krebs has a BHO on it that just works.

I have used SAW and Tango down, both nicer than stock AK's I prefer the SAW.

Oh, and in case you havent already seen them (which im sure you have) but the videos on CSS are fantastic for the conversion. Super easy to follow. Heres a pic of my scorpion pistol grip upgrade option

Very comfy and stout

Thanks guys. Coming here is always beneficial. I ordered all my stuff today from CSS and upgraded my kit with the scorpion grip.( thanks to brandon) My front end is all done. Got all that stuff from Dinzag. Can't wait to get my kit so I can start.

Any other tips before my stuff gets here?

Thanks,

Cracker7

i really like the looks of my saw grip, but it feels plasticy and cheap. This probably isn't so much the saw grip, as all grips probably have the same feel. IS there a better option for something that feels more solid but still looks traditional?

Thanks guys. Coming here is always beneficial. I ordered all my stuff today from CSS and upgraded my kit with the scorpion grip.( thanks to brandon) My front end is all done. Got all that stuff from Dinzag. Can't wait to get my kit so I can start.

Any other tips before my stuff gets here?

Thanks,

Cracker7

Glad I could help. :)

i really like the looks of my saw grip, but it feels plasticy and cheap. This probably isn't so much the saw grip, as all grips probably have the same feel. IS there a better option for something that feels more solid but still looks traditional?

The MD Arms Molot grip is all-business in both appearance and construction. It even paints nicely!

stockunfolded640.jpg

I started with the SAW grip for my 7.62 but thought it looked cheap. I even shot it with Duracoat but sadly it then just looked painted and cheaper. I have a Hogue now and like it. I haven't seen the Palm up close but the way everybody raves I might try one on an upcoming 12 build if I can get wifey's permission. What is it about the palm you guys like so much?