Hi guys.

Our car was broken into this morning sitting outside our house, and our "car gun" (a Glock model 23) was stolen. On the off chance anyone happens to see it, here is some info:

Model 23

40 S&W

Serial Number ESC012US

It has a red laser sight on the rail and the front of the trigger guard has been rounded off. If you see it, please call 911 and PM me.

Thanks

• Like 1

In my driveway. Several neighbors' cars hit too. I went to gun show with flyers that had make, model and serial number. Handed them out.

Yeah, This is what I was thinkin'!

if not they will probably sell it to some local gang as a murder weapon

That's what I'm worried about. If I don't ever get it back, so be it. But it'd really suck if someone got shot with it, especially if that someone was an innocent person.

The one cool thing is..... they also stole a GPS and I have the serial number for it. The place we bought it from said the manufacturer can possibly track its location. We're looking into that.

Edited by Corbin
  • Like 6

Sorry to hear that. Locks and glass on a car only keep honest people honest. If you are keeping a "car gun", either secure it in some kind of additional security container or be prepared to lose it.

• Like 1

Several years ago Azrial had his weapons stolen from the trunk of his car. Since then if it is kept in the garage at night there is a pistol in my brides car. If not in my locked garage the pistol is removed, to include servicing at dealership and etc. I carry mine on me. Sorry for your unfortunate circumstance. I hope you can recover it.

my cousins house got hit 3 months ago. they got a sig226 a brand new para warthog and a gi 1911 that my uncle had in nam. 2 weeks later a lady walking her dog found the para in a ditch. took a month to clear leo before he got it back. they finally got the guy, transient that was hitting houses. sold the sig and 1911 that night in a parking lot and tossed the para when leo was chasing him. there is hope.

Our next door neighbors had stuff stolen from their cars last week. Our cars weren't touched.

Turns out the neighbor woman left her purse on the seat and the doors unlocked. Might as well put up a "Steal Here" sign.

But it was enough for me to take the car gun out at night.

• Like 1

This is what makes me somewhat paranoid about leaving/keeping a gun in my car. There are too damn many places around here that are posted "No Firearms Allowed", and I do NOT want to leave my gun+ammo in the car while I'm eating, shopping, working, etc. I lived in an apartment for a year, and it got cleaned-out once while I was away on a business trip. Fortunately I only had one pistol in the place, and it (along with nearly all my stuff) was recovered within days. It sure did leave a sour taste in my mouth, knowing that one of MY guns was out loose in the world somewhere.

Hate to say it, but I just don't carry much any more, which is exactly what the *!#*%! anti-gunners want. 016.gif

Corbin,

Sorry to hear about the theft of your stuff. Hopefully the GPS and gun go the same direction and you are able to not only recover your stuff but get the thieves too before any damage is done with the weapon. Good luck!

In my driveway. Several neighbors' cars hit too. I went to gun show with flyers that had make, model and serial number. Handed them out.

Doing this works, don't forget pawn shops. I had a B & E years ago and I did the same thing. Sittin' at home one night, got a call from a local pawn shop. I called the Sheriff and went to the location and sat back and waited. FINALLY the deputy showed up. Unbelievably sweet to sit back and watch as this piece of shit got led out in handcuffs...

Best of luck getting your pistol back.

My gun comes back in the house with me, I don't leave it in the vehicle. If a place says no firearms allowed, I carry it anyway, in Missouri all they can do IF they bust you out somehow is ask you to leave, this doesn't apply to the mandatory off limits places like Courthouses, Police Departments, etc. just business's that are ignorant enough to stick up a sign. I took my wife to her followup doctors appointment and the place was posted, which was weird as it's attached to the huge-ass hospital which isn't. She looked at me and shrugged and said "Well, don't tell them you're carrying." Problem solved. Concealed means concealed...

• Like 2

Hopefully, they're stupid enough to think they could sell it there without a hassle. I think every one of the dealers has a flyer. So does Doug, the promoter.

Comment a cop made to a class I took over the weekend was that guys in street gangs will sell it on the street for good money. Guys who are not in a gang usually don't have the contacts to sell it on the street and will usually head for a pawn shop and sell it for a hundred bucks. Pawn shop will give it up if the cops tell them it is stolen, and most pawn shops keep records of who sells them guns.

This happened in an area between Flint and Saginaw, out in the country. Several other cars were hit along my road, with everything from money to electronics being taken. The Police told me that the same day on the other side of town, another pistol was stolen from a car (a Kahr 40, I believe). I live in a fairly small community (10k people maybe?).

The insurance will cover the cost of the pistol.....BUT......the deductable is $750, more than a new Glock would cost. scorn.gif

EDIT: Rottie....some slugs sound pretty good to me. PM me and we'll see what we can work out.

Edited by Corbin

The Police told me that the same day on the other side of town, another pistol was stolen from a car (a Kahr 40, I believe).

That guy got fucked over in his score then.

The insurance will cover the cost of the pistol.....BUT......the deductable is $750, more than a new Glock would cost.

That should tell you if it isn't bolted to the vehicle and the deductible is more that what what the item is worth, don't leave it in the car/truck.

• Like 1

That should tell you if it isn't bolted to the vehicle and the deductible is more that what what the item is worth, don't leave it in the car/truck.

If it's a choice between possibly losing money and my Wife not being able to defend herself, guess which one is more important to me.

• Like 2