Can anyone help me with a link to where I can actually purchase the Texas Weapon Systems handguard? I've tried doing a google search and just came up with results and reviews about the product, but I never saw a price listed for the item.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

here is a copy of a post I am involved in elsewhere.

if this is against the rules, sorry just trying to pass relevant information

The TWS is an outstanding product. there seems to have been some hiccups in filling the large amount of orders...I am confident that things will work out for them. if it were me, I would exercise patience and wait it out

here is a recent response straight from the horses mouth.

Originally Posted By Rafaga:

Hey Guys,

Ok, so I can appreciate that some of you are P.O.’d at me and deservedly so. Please accept my apologies for the scarce communication. Over the last couple months or so we have been completely slammed with orders and it’s been hell just trying to keep up. On our website we had listed a 2 week lead time to ship and that’s been increased to 4 weeks and may change again the way things are going.

Not quite sure what’s driving it but, it came at the exact same time we were trying to get the hand guard launched which made things worse. Maybe people have finally figured out the AK is worth their time, or the Obama effect or I don’t know what else. You decide but, it seems like there was a run on the dealers’ inventory then we received restocking dealer orders and a pile of individual retail orders at the same time. We are now shipping product as fast as we can in the order received.

To resolve the problem we have taken several steps and yes, also hit a few bumps along the way;

- First we tried to buy some new CNC capacity but our preferred machine tool builder had a three month lead time to ship new machines. So, as a more immediate solution we’ve added some used equipment and are working with local suppliers to further increase capacity. The downside here is the ramp up time required to get this in place for both outside vendors and sorting the bugs on used equipment.

-Next we added a nightshift and have been working 24 hours a day, six days a week. That’s why I’m responding to this thread at 3:00am.

-Then I hired an engineer to review our methods and help us become more efficient.

-Next on the list is a new hire for the office to help with the communication volume. I know I’m terrible at this part but, when we get 300 emails in a day of people wanting to know if the top cover really holds zero or fits a WASR I just have to scratch my head and get back to the shop floor. Otherwise nothing would get built.

Please know the one thing I will not sacrifice is product quality. We’ll get you the best products we can as fast as we can. Just hang in there a little bit.
  • 1 year later...