Sign in to follow this  
MindRiot

Vepr Version 02 .308 Rifle

My understanding is that they are pressed/welded on, so as to meet import rules.. Removal will require some tools.

Took mine off with a pair of pliers and some grunting. It is standard AK thread underneath the nut. 14x1LH

Thanks to Centerfire Systems I've got one of these on the way. Look forward to stretching it out. Hopefully the threads will be concentric so I can use my Phantom 7.62 on it.

-Jim

Personally, I think 16 inches is a little short for the 308, I prefer the 20, but people here have had the 16 and love it, so its up to you really, the 16 still packs a wallop even though it lost a few fps compared to the 20. I think the blast of 16 is a bit much.

I just ordered model 2 with 16" barrel converted to cap magazines. It should cover my itch for 308 semi. Got 4 mags and plan to stock up another 6.

The 16 inch is definitely easier to carry in the woods, why darn? It's still good, just a preference, also, if you are in the woods, a few fps lost is not a big deal as the distances in the woods are shorter anyways, now if you were looking to shoot super long open fields then yes, 20 or 23 would be better.