Really starting to see why a lot of people hate NE for shooting

All the outdoor ranges I have looked up, require a membership to shoot at them. And, for the most part, they are all pretty far away. Dont get me wrong, the bullet hole is fun, but one can only enjoy shooting 25 yards for so long.

Dont suppose anyone has any other spots they'd recommend?

if you think that's bad, all the ranges around here are locked, cost $150 a year, are more bars than ranges (i hate to drink with other people), they are also limited to 150yds at most and 99.9% of the members are fat old grouchy bastards trying to sight in an old hunting rifle with a toilet paper tube clamped to the top, or if they are really high end fudds they have a tasco from the 50s with a reticule that rattles around inside. then all the game they wound ends up dying right in front of my house and i have to smell it for weeks. you're lucky, even if you have to put up with the occasional draft dodger yelling at you for having a commie gun fit for peasants

• Like 1

I'm not in the NE but it's a lot the same around here (SC). The closest out door range has a membership process that turns me off, you gotta be recommended, and voted on and crap like that. There are two that are in National Forests so they're free but as such they attract a lot who don't know their ass from third base and act like it. I wish there was a nice long range range around here so I can develop my skills in reaching out.

In Kentucky, we have WMA's that have shooting ranges. The public one is 100 yards but you can only shoot from a bench and the first 50 feet is a tube that you shoot down. That way you can't bring the rifle up and shoot over the berm.

They also have a 300 yard range that is available but you have to be an NRA RSO and sign up at least a month in advance to use it.

The other options is the 25 yard indoor range. $14 an hour or $300 a year for the family.