AM I 922R Compliant?

ETA:

Is it converted?

Pay close attention to the boxes that are already unchecked. The calculator automatically unchecks items that do not count on a sporterized Saiga shotgun.

http://www.gunwiki.net/Gunwiki/BuildSaigaShotgunVerifyCompliance

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Did not the friendly, professional HONEST, knowledgable, kind and gentle BATFE recently change the rules on 9.22® parts count for the Saiga 12 sporting shotgun? My "Betty Bucker" (Saiga 12) has an American made puck, piston, hammer, trigger, disconnector, pistol grip, buttstock, forarm, hammer pin, trigger pin, gas regulator, scope mount and scope. I hope that is enough. HB of CJ (old coot)

Five parts that count, yeah, you made it, barely... I'd use American mags or Russian mags with home made floor plates just to play it safe though...

Did not the friendly, professional HONEST, knowledgable, kind and gentle BATFE recently change the rules on 9.22® parts count for the Saiga 12 sporting shotgun? My "Betty Bucker" (Saiga 12) has an American made puck, piston, hammer, trigger, disconnector, pistol grip, buttstock, forarm, hammer pin, trigger pin, gas regulator, scope mount and scope. I hope that is enough. HB of CJ (old coot)

Pistol grip doesn't count towards you, trigger pin doesn't matter, neither does gas regulator, scope mount, or scope...

Five parts that count, yeah, you made it, barely... I'd use American mags or Russian mags with home made floor plates just to play it safe though...

It is my understanding that a USA-made puck, piston, hammer, trigger, disconnector, buttstock, and forearm are all applicable parts to the 922r compliance count. If that is all true, HB has SEVEN parts that count. Please let me know if I am mistaken. I plan on doing exactly the same thing soon on my first Saiga. Thanks, Caged!

I didnt convert it yet. I am thinking about ordering parts for it but wanted to see how much it will cost and exactly what I need. Thanks everyone. If I do it I will play it safe and use the puck as well as the other parts.

It is my understanding that a USA-made puck, piston, hammer, trigger, disconnector, buttstock, and forearm are all applicable parts to the 922r compliance count. If that is all true, HB has SEVEN parts that count. Please let me know if I am mistaken. I plan on doing exactly the same thing soon on my first Saiga. Thanks, Caged!

If i understand correctly, the "puck/piston" and op rod (threaded piece into BC) are considered one part now and you must have both for it to be a compliance part.

That's not my understanding of the present interpretation, MM.

The "bolt carrier extention" (AK piston) = 1 "operating rod"

The puck/ tappet = 1 "piston"

2 parts.

Therefore each is an independently counted part, not a combined piston.

Edited by GunFun
  • Like 2

I agree with GunFun. I beleive they are two separate parts on the worksheet (although the worksheet is not authoritative). What does my interpretation matter anyway??? I guess you have to do the best you can, keep your nose clean, and pray your interpretation and the ATF's interpretation-of-the-week matches yours. This whole 922r thing is so frivolous and poorly done. Is there a stated purpose to this making even the spirit of the law clear? Speak plainly, ATF, so we upstanding citizens that are trying to get this done right can follow the law. I am afraid each inquiry about these issues will only bring tighter constrictions.

Thank you Caged. It is remarkable is it not that we go to such silly extremes to remain law abiding citizens, including this outragious requirement to meet some dumb scheme dreamed up by a non elected federal beaurucrat dealing with Saiga 12s. Second Admendment?

Oh...I forgot to add on the American (I think) (probably chinese) nuts, bolts and lock washers holding on my realigned receiver side mount opic mount base which was way way off and required shimming both up and down and side to side. HB of CJ (old coot) :) :) :)

• Like 1

What I meant in my previous post is that carolina say's the puck bye itself counts as 1 part. I am not using a pd or stock. I plan to use us mags but want the ability to still use the oem 5 rd. I will be getting the puck also just to play it safe. so my total parts will be (once I get around to ordering)

us fcg - 3

handguard -1

muzzle break -1

us puck-1

Thanks everyone for the help!

Edited by SLY762
  • Like 1