Saiga IZ 332 front sight adjustment issue.

I need to adjust the front sight for my Saiga 7.62x39 rifle. Noticed it's slightly different then my other AK variant rifles. This Saiga has a raised dimple above the pin, while my other AK's are flat. So when I try put my AK Sight Adjustment Tool c-clamp, it hits on that raised dimple, thus the clamp is unable sit flat on the surface. Any suggestions? Is there another sight tool that will work for the IZ 332? Thanks.

Hold the tool up to the block and you will see that if you fill a chamfer at the edge of the tool where it hits the bump to give it some clearance. The tool will then move up, and let it sit flat and the hole in the tool will then line up and let the post move left to right or vice versa.

Three or four minutes with a file on the tool is all it will take.

Hope that helps.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Really needed feedback from the pro's out there.

Digipax: Thanks for the photo. I thought about shaving some type of relief on the tool, but wasn't sure if I was going about this all wrong and if I am using the wrong tool completely. I will move in that direction and start chamfer'ing.

Russian Hammer: I attached a photo of the raised dimple I was talking about. The pin I mentioned was really the front sight stud (front sight block). Excuse me for the bad symantics. I put an arrow of the bump (raised dimple) that I mentioned earlier.

Hutchsaiga: If I had the coordination you have I probably wouldn't have posted the question :-) I was in the middle of the desert, under the Sun, trying to make this oh so last minute adjustment. After firm contact, I was never able to keep it aligned, kept slipping each time I turned the handle. It was getting way too hot and I was playing with it too long. I began to doubt what I was doing.

Just a comment. I didn't even expect the sights to be way off from the factory like that. Previously my Saiga 308, out of the box, was dead on accurate. So getting this IZ 332 for the first time, didn't expect anything worse. Huh.

post-40056-0-95485700-1336614586_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Really needed feedback from the pro's out there.

Digipax: Thanks for the photo. I thought about shaving some type of relief on the tool, but wasn't sure if I was going about this all wrong and if I am using the wrong tool completely. I will move in that direction and start chamfer'ing.

Your welcome.