My state finally approved concealed carry. I have lived my whole life in the only 2 states that don't allow (until now)CCW. I finally got my permit and am wondering how/where you guys carry. I purchased a croosbreed supertuck and seems that the most comfortable place is the small of my back. I would like some other opinions and possibly pics of how other folks carry. Thanks

• Like 1

If your seated in a car alot then you might consider a crossdraw-type holster (opposite your shooting hand).

How and where you wear it you should change according to your situation that day and what you're wearing.

I have a soft, inside the waist, Uncle Mikes that fits my three different carry guns (.32, 9mm, or .45).

In Washington State, I wear a light jacket even through most of the summer.

Edited by Sim_Player

Small of your back is really gonna hurt if you ever fall on your back. And if you're ever knocked on your back, you'll be pinning your own weapon. And as Slim_Player stated, it's difficult to draw from a seated position.

I generally carry between 4 and 5 o'clock in a Raven Concealment. If I carry OWB, its generally at 4 o'clock and IWB is at the 5o'clock.

raven2.jpg

PS, so what are you carrying in your crossbread?!

Edited by Pyzik

I used to carry in the small of my back but that seemed to be gun specific. Some dont feel so comfortable when sitting in the car while others are too big and are almost giving you a wedgie. Also depending on the position of the gun if your leaning against something hard like a wooden chair or a wall you might inadvertently hit the mag release.

I carry iwb at somewhere between 7-8 o clock position (lefty) for you righties it would be 4-5 o clock

Cross Breed Supertuck for CCing my XD9sc

Crossbreedholster03.jpg

Crossbreedholster04.jpg

And a Quest for CCing my Judge, if I choose to.

P1040415.jpg

I also have a TripleK for the Judge that hold it high enough under a jacket or vest. That's my favorite for carrying while hiking, hunting, fishing....

P1040416.jpg

• Like 2

In my work van I have a holster mounted to the console,

in my personal truck or car, I put my pistol between the seat and console.

To carry on me I use a Blachhawk Serpa level 2 paddle on my side.

For most of my carry years it has been a 1911 in a yaqui slider or a desantis shoulder rig.

I usually carry a P64 in the front side pocket of my carharts. Nowadays I have to mount/dismount the gun so many times a day a holster became inconvenient. I honestly never imagined myself adopting "pocket carry", the reassuring aspect is that while walking around my hand is usually in my pocket, so my gun is in my hand a great deal of the time.

As to folks that say a 9x18 makarov is inadequate, I sucesfully defended myself with a jennings J-22 once because it was what was within reach, yes a bigger gun is nice, but I can make do with whatever.

• Like 2

Crossbreed Supertuck for my Glock 30 on my right hip. Easy to get at at any time, even while driving. Small of back just doesn't seem like it would be comfortable enough for me. With a mildly loose shirt, even my chunky Glock 21 doesn't print through. I used to conceal carry my Desert Eagle .357mag. That wasn't very fun and didn't last long.

Edited by pimpmastak76

It really depends on what your trying to carry.

Personal choice is a TRUSS holster (although I need a new one and they don't seem to be responding to calls), I also like smartcarry/thunderwear, undertech shirts, Glock clip or the Zack holster. Lots of options out there, just keep trying stuff until you figure out what works for you. Best of luck and congrats!

• Like 1

I use a belt slide holster. I carry on my left side (crossdraw). I like all the options with this holster. I can carry it on my left, right, back, or on my hips. It also has a belt clip (which I removed) which I can quickly clip it on my belt, instead of running my belt through the loops. With the clip, I can wear it inside my pants also. pretty versatile little bastard. They come in two different sizes. The one I have holds my .45 full sized Sig, as well as my .40 sub-compact.

I also mounted the .40's origional holster and mag holders to my Jeep console like Red.

post-8269-0-54864400-1336679432_thumb.jpg

post-8269-0-47557200-1336679644_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just wanted to add, that a GOOD gun belt makes all the difference in the world! Even if you have a good holster a normal department store belt isn't doing you justice.

Ares makes a good nylon belt (looks like what fffpatiot is wearing).

Or you can find or order good thick leather, like mine.

IMG_20111205_193100.jpg

Local guy made it, lifetime warranty too.

RG Leather.

• Like 1

Taurus pt92 AF (Beretta 92 clone) Carried at about 8 oclock for cross draw in a horsehide galco IWB holster.(RG202 F919H) I am 5'7" and about 180 and most of the time I can get away without printing with a loose t-shirt. That might show the end of the handle as a bump by my waistline from time to time, since it is a full size pistol. If the holster let it sit about 3/4" lower, this would go away. I have carried mexican that way and there was almost no print even with just a normal size t shirt.

If I wear any jacket, or sweatshirt, there is no outline at all. I would prefer to carry a much smaller gun, but this is what I have. It is surprising what you can get away with if you try.

I hate SOB carry, with the pistol always jabbing me in the spine. Plus it is hard to get at any time you are seated such as in the car. I know other people find it uncomfortable too, because several of my friends carry SOB, and they take their gun out and set it on the table by thier keys, etc. about the second they get home.

When I have the money, I plan to get a Taurus TCP, or possibly Ruger LCP and a flapless wallet holster for front pocket carry. I can do leather work, so I may make my own.

I don't like to use multiple holster locations, because I think that can train you to reach for the other placement in an emergency.

I both Open & Conceal carry, my EDC is my Springfield Armory XD9 Service 4", with a spare mag.

Once in awhile I'll carry anything from my Bersa Thunder .380 to my Colt 1911 .45.

I always carry right side (my strong) on the hip, the muscle memory of always drawing from that one location may one day be invaluable.

For OC I exclusively use a Blackhawk Serpa CQC retention holster, they are very good, well designed/made.

I use mine as a belt holster, do not like paddle holsters... Do note, you'll need a good belt, I highly recommend the Amish Belt, inexpensive, durable and made of top grade leather.

I like the retention, the ease of drawing and re-holstering, the aesthetics and the price.

They do however sit away from the body, makes for a lot of bulk under any clothing that might cover it.

Not bad if wearing winter weight jacket or something that doesn't print through easily.

When I wear mine I wear it specifically as Open Carry, if my clothing covers/partially covers it, oh well.

For CC, I carry IWB, and I love my Crossbreed Super Tuck, full-cut & made of horsehide.

Very comfortable, fully adjustable, durable, well made and did I mention comfortable?

The horsehide holds up to body sweat much better than cowhide, a good option for those in humid climates.

The CST is a freaking fantastic IWB holster.

I also have and like the Minotaur MTAC, but the CST is better.

When at work I use an Uncle Mikes holster.

I have to be able to take it on/off being continuously in/out of the truck and while driving extended periods.

Despite a lot of bad reviews, I have nothing but GOOD to say about mine & my wife's.

I have several other various types of holsters, IWB/OWB, most sit unused.

You have to buy and wear a holster to find out if you really like it, you'll end up with a drawer full. dry.png

A great belt is a MUST!

One of the best and least expensive belts to be had is a plain Jane leather, Amish Belt.

These things are thick, stiff, and last forever. Don't pay out the nose for a belt.

http://www.hanksclot..._black_buy.html

One last thing...

Get over being way too subconscious of your carry, you'll be acutely aware of it to begin with.

Leave it alone, constant readjustment and checking just draws attention.

It is just another bulge under your clothing... 95%+ of people will be completely oblivious.

Smart phones, multi-tools and what-not,it is just a bulge to most folks.

And if they do recognize it for what it is and don't like it, fuck'em... Unless of course your State has laws about printing. wacko.png

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 3

My gun (ccw carried) has pretty much become another body part to me. There has been so many times in the past few years that I've forgotten I even had it on me. Recently, I was looking for it before I went into town, looked under the pillow, checked the kitchen, even went out to my truck, only to find out it was at my side!! I even accidently went into the bank with it a few times, only to catch myself just after going inside. (A big no no here in Montana).

I even accidently went into the bank with it a few times, only to catch myself just after going inside. (A big no no here in Montana).

I am gona need to check that here in TN, thanks.

Just wanted to add, that a GOOD gun belt makes all the difference in the world! Even if you have a good holster a normal department store belt isn't doing you justice.

Ares makes a good nylon belt (looks like what fffpatiot is wearing).

Or you can find or order good thick leather, like mine.

IMG_20111205_193100.jpg

Local guy made it, lifetime warranty too.

RG Leather.

I was going to say that in order to belt carry, you HAD to have a good solid belt! I carry either a Safariland high rise for my 1911, or pocket carry with my P-32 in hot weather.

My subcompact XD 9mm rides pretty comfortably in a DeSantis Tuck-This 2.

A good belt is also a good bet. I usually wear a Triple-K leather holster belt. It's an inch and three quarters wide and about as thick and rugged as any belt I've owned. Whatever style belt you pick, just make sure it matches your shoes...also that it doesn't deform under the weight of the holster and other accoutrement.

i use a hunter leather pocket holster with my kel-tec p3at. great setup that hides the outline of the gun in my back pocket. i can wear it in a pair of nylon swim trunks and you really can't tell it! as for the stopping power of a .380 i have to say the best gun in a gun fight is the one you have. i did just get a glock 26 and can't decide how i want to carry it so i end up just throwing the kel-tec in my pocket most of the time. i think the 26 is going to be my winter gun when i could possibly just leave it in my coat pocket. yes that's right, a different gun for different seasons!

Belts the word a good one. I think Im among the minority, carry a sp101 at 1 'clock iwb. Its easy acces, dont have to move to sit or drive etc... I probably notice its there more than other options but its a trade off. I used to use an uncle mike but it can hold moisture so I switched to a leather one. Consciousness goes away after time. Im 6ft and weigh maybe 170. Just like most things trial and error until ya get it right. On a side note I thought it was illegal but had two LEOs tell me there is no law against carrying in a bank where I live.

Edited by Yoshi

Here it's state/federal buildings, banks, schools, and anyplace that sells alcohol, last i checked. I can carry open in a bar, if I wanted (which I don't). Goofy shittin' law, can't carry concealed in a tavern, but can open carry.

Thanks for the tip about the Amish belt...my old one needed replacing and I CAN'T BELIEVE THE QUALITY FOR THE PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just ordered one (two sizes bigger) and am looking forward to receiving it! That's one of the reasons I love this forum, if someone finds a good deal, they pass it on!

Seems like a good enough excuse to 'peroast' something from the old b3ta forums.

I actually find this helpful for thinking about how I act when I pack.

post-17871-0-02712100-1336725909_thumb.jpg

• Like 1