My small problem with my newly purchased mka 1919

Long time reader first time writer here. I had purchased this shotgun new in box a few days back and got to shoot it for the first time. I purchased the tromix trigger, bushing and gas piston. This was my first time doing any trigger work but I had heard that they are a breeze for the most part, so I figured what the heck might as well try it. Once I had it all put together, I had taken it out to shoot it. The problem was my firing pin was only lightly striking the primers shells and most of the time it wouldnt fire. I tried various brands and types of ammunition but to no avail. Does anyone have any pictures of their mka 1919 trigger groups to make sure that I had installed it right. I am pretty sure that I did it right but I want to cover my bases.

Does anyone maybe know what the problem could be? Maybe buy a new set of springs?

Thanks for the responses. Thats great news to hear about the hammer springs. My gunsmith installed/sold me a different firing pin spring that has solved my issue for the time being. Has anyone heard any news on when we could be looking at the aluminum lower receivers? I have some money put away for one of those bad boys.

Wesker,

I have one on order, but it ain't here yet so this is a bit of a shot in the dark. When you reinstalled the hammer, are you sure the legs on the hammer spring are on top of the trigger pin? I’ve seen several times on “normal” AR’s where the ends of the spring are all the way down on the bottom of the lower receiver causing a light primer strikes.

Doug

Wesker

You may have induced an issue into your gun that will make it UNSAFE!!!!

Put a round in your chamber, no mag bolt held back...in a SAFE direction, drop the bolt

If your firing pin spring has been reduced, the gun will slam fire!!! or you will get a significant strike on the primer.

Reducing the firing pin spring to addresslight strikes ls the last way on earth it should be done.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Wesker

You may have induced an issue into your gun that will make it UNSAFE!!!!

Put a round in your chamber, no mag bolt held back...in a SAFE direction, drop the bolt

If your firing pin spring has been reduced, the gun will slam fire!!! or you will get a significant strike on the primer.

Reducing the firing pin spring to addresslight strikes ls the last way on earth it should be done.

Jim

If it was getting light strikes from the hammer hitting it, I doubt there is enough inertia witht he pin to set off the primer.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had my MKA since April. The only time I have had trouble with light strikes is when shooting trap at the local range. They sometimes make me put a rubber band to catch the shell as it ejects. The rubber band would stop the bolt from going all the way forward. Without the rubber ban no problem.

I have experienced a slam fire on the weapon twice. After the first I broke it down, clean and inspected everything. Went back to the range and got another. Only once though. Anyone have any ideas on this?

The gun is completely stock. I have about 1000 rounds through it and was shooting Winchester 7 1/2 shot.