Saiga 12 Magazine Loader

Hello again, S-12 forum!

Has anyone ever heard of a 12 ga. magazine loader for the Saiga-12 platform? For those not familiar with a magazine loader, here is a pic of one for AR/M4 mags:

31u2wvlTfFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I think this would be a great product to have and something that wouldn't be too hard to develop, especially with the skills of the business members around here. It would sell even better if it was able to work on the 20 round drum.

What do you think? Any interest in something like this or is it a dumb endeavor?

Also, here's a quick visual (from a post further down) to give an example of how one might work.

MagLoader.jpg

As an alternative, someone showed the Cammenga Easymag system, which would also be an interesting idea to quickly load magazines:

MAG-071_A.jpg

Edited by FOURBUX

With the design of the mags, I don't see a loader like that working well on rimmed ammo, I'm sure one COULD be made though...

Here's a quick visual to demonstrate how one could work. It would simply have to push in the middle of the shell and clear the rib on the back of the shell in the rotation.

MagLoader.jpg

Alright I've done the work, now someone BUILD IT! 021.gif

Edited by FOURBUX

Hello again, S-12 forum!

Has anyone ever heard of a 12 ga. magazine loader for the Saiga-12 platform? For those not familiar with a magazine loader, here is a pic of one for AR/M4 mags:

31u2wvlTfFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I think this would be a great product to have and something that wouldn't be too hard to develop, especially with the skills of the business members around here. It would sell even better if it was able to work on the 20 round drum.

What do you think? Any interest in something like this or is it a dumb endeavor?

The dont make em. I asked the manufacturer.

I talked to the manufacturer trying to get him to make one for Sten mags, and he said there wasn't a big enough market for them.

For the S-12, you are stuck using your fingers....and I think the Promag s12 Drum loading lever thingy sucks.

I talked to the manufacturer trying to get him to make one for Sten mags, and he said there wasn't a big enough market for them.

For the S-12, you are stuck using your fingers....and I think the Promag s12 Drum loading lever thingy sucks.

I know I'd be interested in one for the s-12. I was kinda wanting to see what kind of interest could be generated in them in a thread like this. Maybe a business member might want to try to prototype one.

Yeah but modified to clear the feed lips, I wouldn't get one myself, it's only ten shells and I don't really have a problem loading my MD-20, but I could see how a few users would appreciate them. I'm betting that evlblk would snatch one up in a heartbeat...

The stacked mag loader will not work, you have to push the shell down and then back to load a S12 mag.

The best way I have found is to push the loaded shell down with the next shell's end,

then rotate the shell foward and push back at the same time. It does take some time to get

used to this, but it does work.

• Like 1

shotgun shells are not that difficult to load where you would even need a magazine loader (unless of course you have physical limitations). unlike rifle rounds or pistol rounds which are smaller and more tedious to hand load

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

you know what can be a real pita to load, 22 hi cap mags LOL. tiny little things suck, they DO make loaders but I just sold my dedicated 22 upper for my AR so not too concerned anymore, only got 2 other 22s and they're not too bad. wanna try a bdm drum mag for our 10/22 but I'm thinkin maybe get a smith n wesson mp15-22 down the road and get the drum for that. maybe stick a slide fire on it lol

I was thinking rimmed catridges would have issues as well but I believe the AK rounds are rimmed and the lula loaders work?? don't have a standard 7.62 ak so not sure? if it were available and worked, I'd get one at least once to try out if it had good reviews. if it worked great I'd get more than one :D

I was thinking rimmed catridges would have issues as well but I believe the AK rounds are rimmed and the lula loaders work??

the 7.62x39, .308, 5.56, 9mm etc.. is rimless, meaning that the rim is the same diameter as the base of the cartridge. in rimmed cartridges ie. .22, 7.62x54r ( r meaning rimmed), .303, SG etc.. the rim is larger in diameter then the base of the cartridge.

I would think the HKS style loader would be best suited for the S12 mags - seeing how its single stack

I have one of these I used on an old 9mm Walther and its effective.

for example:

http://www.amazon.com/HKS-Adjustable-Caliber-Magazine-Speedloader/dp/B0000C1D27/ref=sr_1_3?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1336784428&sr=1-3

Cheers,

Harv

So I guess there's only a mild interest in a mag loader for the S-12?

The general consensus seems to be that FOURBUX should stop being such a bitch and man up to load his mags.

Well played, S-12 forum.

The general consensus seems to be that FOURBUX should stop being such a bitch and man up to load his mags.

Well played, S-12 forum.

why the attitude? you started the thread, and stated:

"What do you think? Any interest in something like this or is it a dumb endeavor?"

all of us were being honest with what we thought and not snide with you or degrading you. so what gives?

Well played, S-12 forum.

why the attitude? you started the thread, and stated:

"What do you think? Any interest in something like this or is it a dumb endeavor?"

all of us were being honest with what we thought and not snide with you or degrading you. so what gives?

No snideness intended, friend.

I thought there was more interest in a mag loader, but most people seem to agree that S-12 mags are relatively easy to load. When I put forth the idea, I had the 10 and 12 round stick mags and the 20 round drum in mind, not the 5 rounders, which I agree are easy enough to load.

I've never had a problem loading Saiga mags and I have 12s and a 20 round stick. I have no experience with drums because they won't fit my magwell. Since there doesn't seem to be much interest I doubt someone is going to spend the money to get this going except perhaps a dedicated individual. Come to think of it most of the stuff here has been developed by dedicated individuals so I guess anything is possible.

Here is a video of me loading my Saiga mags on the clock at Ironman 2 years ago. The stage was ammo limited and shotguns started empty, including magazines.

Doug

Well, I had too much time on my hands this weekend and decided to try and build a loader for the s12. It took a bit of fiddling and a lot of patience. I used 1/16" polycarbonate, an over the door clothes hook, a couple #6 nuts and bolts and my trusty heat gun. It does work, but it won't break any speed loading records. It is based on my recollection of the old STEN mag loader. The point the tool engages the shell is on the base and it is strong enough to push the shell down to allow the next to be loaded. I turned the heads of the bolts down and flattened the tops, then recessed them on the inside of the loader so they did not contact the mag. I put a curve on the point where the hook meets the shell base to match that curve. It can be done and will work. Only problem is, it seems to be a thumb saver and not for competition. I used snap caps to work out the bugs and then Winchester high brass "00 buck" for testing. Pics are borderline mediocre, but you will get the idea. Had a heckuva time finding them to upload as my OS puts new pics in three different files. Thanks Windows.

post-36534-0-99479300-1336991100_thumb.jpg

post-36534-0-27879300-1336991147_thumb.jpg

post-36534-0-63059600-1336991189_thumb.jpg

• Like 4