I had an idea today and I wonder if anyone has tried it already. Everyone has seen the shark breaks and such that make a muzzle device such as a break or flash hider double as a sort of pronged bayonet-like weapon. I was wondering if anyone has grinded down the Vortex Flash Eliminator like so:

post-12262-0-94100800-1336887438.jpg

My concern is that it would hinder the flash hiding ability. This would be unacceptable. In addition to grinding down the prongs to form sort of edged teeth prongs (probably sharpened), I was also wanting to grind down the extra thick neck because it seems thicker, and therefore heavier, than necessary. Tell me what you guys think.

Edited by son_of_liberty

Not sure, but the thicker area at the back might need to be that thick for the threads inside.

As far as thinning it down, my understanding is the prongs vibrate like a tunig fork to help break up the gases and minimize flash. Thinning them down would change the way they vibrate. Not sure if it would make much difference in flash reduction or not.

• 1 month later...