First of all THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. Just some thoughts I had and want to hear some opinions.

Lets start with USC Title 18 subsection 922r; makes it unlawful to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) of this chapter as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes.....

This leads me to Title 18 subsection 925(d)(3); does not fall within the definition of a firearm as defined in section 5845(a) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 and is generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes, excluding surplus military firearms......

This is my first thought besides section 5845a of IRC (i will get to that) it says "is generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes"; to me this means that if I can change my magazine capacity to hunt then its "readily adaptable to sporting purposes." What do you all think? Second this concerns me a little "military firearms" I not sure a saiga falls under that category but would like some opinions.

OK on to IRC section 5845(a) i will just list the guns considered unlawful under 922r 1. shotgun barrel less than 18" 2.shotgun less than 26" total long 3.rifle barrel less than 16" 4.rifle less than 26" total long 5. machine-gun 6.silencer 7.destructive device 8.handgun smooth bore or that fires fixed shotgun shells 9."weapons with combination shotgun and rifle barrels 12 inches or more, less than 18 inches in length, from which only a single discharge can be made from either barrel without manual reloading....(not sure what this means so i copied it).

So my thoughts so far is that most converted saiga don't fall under 922r by definition unless us cant readily adaptable to sporting purposes. Thoughts?

Now on to CFR Title 27 subsection 478.39; (a) No person shall assemble a semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun using more than 10 of the imported parts listed in paragraph of this section if the assembled firearm is prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes; (this is where the part list is).

Again the law sates 925(d)(3) which I went over already.

In this same section of Title 27 (478) in the "Meaning of terms"(478.11) that have "semiautomatic assault weapon" (SAW) which defines as having two evils pistol grip ect... and i don't believe a conversion with these two evils would be considered for "sporting purposes"...... However if u look at the link towards the bottom it says SAW definition no longer applies.

http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulings/regulations/

So those are my thoughts on the law. I think that it states clearly what is prohibited from importation and if my rifle is readily adaptable to sporting purposes and doesn't apply to IRC 5845(a) then there is no need to worry about 922r. What are your thoughts?

I will add this I convert my saigas and am complinace with 922r because its fun to convert and we help money stay in America. I posted this just cause I have to much free time on my hands lol.

Edited by Tuna

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are as follows:

Legal gibberish aside, the 922r law is a fucking shitbag.

It makes no difference weather you're using Russian made, or (inferior :P) American made AK furniture/FCG. Therefore, one can conclude that the govt. are a bunch of cocksuckers who like to wave their federal dick around.

Furthermore, I would like to add that all my shit is in compliance with the shitlaw anyway. This is in the off-chance that the cocksuckers DO want to give me shit for it, I can shove my u.s. marked shit-parts deep down their throats and tell them to go fuck themselves, cause they can't even do anything.

That is all.

• Like 2

I agree but disagree that federal law says that pistol grip, “large capacity ammunition feeding device”, or muzzle device(that is not a silencer or muffler) has to abide by 922® unless hunting then u need to change mag to your areas mag capacity. I will even say if u use a 75 round drum for target shooting then it is still a sporting purpose. my own thoughts.

i think the feds should take some of their own advice and follow these same shitty regs. the 2nd amendment is not in place for sporting purposes, no matter who tells you what. fuck that.

• Like 1