when i first did my conversion i decided i wanted to keep the bho device....now im thinking about taking it out since i want the utter reliability/KISS principle of the ak47 and ive heard stories of them popping off and jamming .....my only problem is i modified the tapco g2 to use this device....so know it would be sloppy/wouldn't function if i removed it correct? besides buying another tapco g2 what are my options? washer? thanks for your help

This is a great feature that has been added to the saiga. This is just my opinion but i would reconsider removing the BHO. Mine has stayed intact and has had zero issues with it coming loose thru several hundred rounds.

• 3 weeks later...

I love having this option. I left both bolt hold open on, on my 7.62, and my S12 SBS. As long as there is no slop between the Hammer and the Receiver wall you should not have a problem with the lever jamming up your gun. I am customizing my bolt hold open lever right now for my custom bullpup build.

Washer is the way to go.

Although, after about 5k rounds through a 762 with a BHO, it gave me zero problems.

Well, to be honest, I accidentally pressed it once since its in the trigger guard, causing the rifle to not feed. I just cut it down some, and all is good now.

I'm running mine with no BHO or washer and it's been fine. What could happen if I leave it this way? Or should I just put in the washer?

Cracker 7

I had more than 1K through my 7.62 without BHO or washer. When cleaning I could shift the hammer from side to side slightly and wanted it to go away. Upon inspection I found no unusual wear etc.

• 2 weeks later...