Help with safety lever removal

Hey Folks,

I've started the receiver teardown for both the TROMIX stock and PG adapters, but am having issues removing the pin that keeps the safety lever in the receiver. I have removed the set screw that keeps it in place and can tell that it is popping up a little, but I can't seem to get it to fall out. Any ideas or "how you did it" stories?

Thanks,

jgillaspy

There is a spring between the setscrew and safety. Maybe that is holding it up. Also try to wiggle it out. Mine was in somewhat tight. If still having trouble, post a pic - maybe I'll be able to see the problem.

There is a spring between the setscrew and safety. Maybe that is holding it up. Also try to wiggle it out. Mine was in somewhat tight. If still having trouble, post a pic - maybe I'll be able to see the problem.

Nope, I got the spring out. I can see the pin and have gotten it to pop up a little, but not enough to remove the lever. Is it magnetic (could I use a magnet to get it out)?

JG

I'll help ya man... Lemme find the pics I took when I had mine all apart for all this.... I'll give you a call.

Shannon

OK... found my pics. Here's what the assembly looks like. Are you sure you got the detent out with the spring?

post-1293-0-91108700-1337449015_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-34722000-1337449049_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-28059900-1337449080_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cobra 76 two

If it's still in there try turning the receiver upside down and tapping on the flat surface by the hole with a hammer, using a block of wood laid across the flats so you don't damage it.

If that doesn't work stick a small punch or machine screw down in it and work it out with that....while wiggling the safety.

Just removed this one from a new gun while helping JG on the phone. As it turns out I found that a 1/8" drill bit is the perfect size tool for the job. I used it dry with a good snug fit, but wiping with oil first will create a vacuum to help with one that's really stuck. That worked well for JG anyway. Next.... wink.png

post-1293-0-86270400-1337453920_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cobra 76 two

Just wanted to post my thanks here as well Cobra! Your help over the phone helped me to keep going as well as finding the right tool for the job. Dental picks to the rescue! I'll post pictures of the finished product in a few.

jgillaspy

• 3 months later...

Sorry to hear that brother! I called Raac to get a handguard retaining nut and they said "Probably" not till Jan. 2013?

How did they break?, Any pics?

My uh...spring and detent broke....

have any spares, gentlemen?

Lets just say it was an animal related incident and lets leave it at that :(

Sorry to hear that brother! I called Raac to get a handguard retaining nut and they said "Probably" not till Jan. 2013?

How did they break?, Any pics?

My uh...spring and detent broke....

have any spares, gentlemen?

Lets just say it was an animal related incident and lets leave it at that sad.png

Oh God, dont tell me that

UPDATE:

RAAC (who by the way, has absolutely horrible business hours that are extremely inconvenient for graveyard shift gentlemen like myself) FINALLY got back to me on this issue

Apparently the Turks have replaced the screw/spring/detent setup for the safety lever altogether and now have a one single screw piece that acts as the detent for the safety lever. This is going to be in all current 1919s being produced.

Not that it matters, since its not like its a performance piece or something but itll help reduce chances of losing the spring or detent whenever you field strip. Just call them if you want the new detent screw and they'll mail it to you

Sweet!!!! I am still waiting on a reply back about my Handguard screw, we are playing phone tag? I get you totally about there Hours of operation! Hope my handguard screw is available!, not like my original "January" date???

UPDATE:

RAAC (who by the way, has absolutely horrible business hours that are extremely inconvenient for graveyard shift gentlemen like myself) FINALLY got back to me on this issue

Apparently the Turks have replaced the screw/spring/detent setup for the safety lever altogether and now have a one single screw piece that acts as the detent for the safety lever. This is going to be in all current 1919s being produced.

Not that it matters, since its not like its a performance piece or something but itll help reduce chances of losing the spring or detent whenever you field strip. Just call them if you want the new detent screw and they'll mail it to you

Sweet!!!! I am still waiting on a reply back about my Handguard screw, we are playing phone tag? I get you totally about there Hours of operation! Hope my handguard screw is available!, not like my original "January" date???

UPDATE:

Luckily for you, FB handguards should be available this month

....fffffffffffff.... dat forend screw cool.png

MKA-HDG-D.jpg