Tapco Colored front sight post kit

Does any one here recommend it? I've been trying to improve my accuracy with iron sights but I've been struggling with my saiga 7.62x39. I have seen tapcos plastic front sight post online but I'm not sure if they are going to work. I know it's not the gun thats inaccurate because when my buddies shoot it, all of their shots are bullseyes at 20-25 yards! Can I just paint the post myself without messing up the sights?

I use them. I have the pink one (yea motherfuckers) on my iz132 and its good to go. I use the orange one on my S12. They've been fine for me.

Of course you can paint the site. You could even file it down for a thinner profile too.

I use them. I have the pink one (yea motherfuckers) on my iz132 and its good to go. I use the orange one on my S12. They've been fine for me.

Of course you can paint the site. You could even file it down for a thinner profile too.

Have they worn out with time?

They show some carbon build up on the muzzle side over time. I hardly ever adjust my elevation, so i dont see them wearing out. I mainly use them for quicker sight alignment and contrast.

Cool. Thanks for your feedback. Sounds like its not a bad idea to try them out.

What is the width of the rear sight slot? I had trouble with old eyes and the sights on my Romy. The notch was .005" on the Romy, and I could not pick up the front sight. I never had trouble with the S-12 or S.410 or the S-.308.

The shotties are the easiest rear sights to pick the front with, and their rear slots measure .010".

The S-.308 is next,and the most accurate, it's rear sight has a .080" slot.

I filed the Romy out to .070", and NOW I can pick up that damned blurry assed front sight!

Edited by G O B

ANYTHING you do to the factory sights is an improvment. I V notched my rear sight and added some white referance lines. Stole some of the wifes gold nail polish for the front. these little mods helped me out.

post-39511-0-76290900-1337131000_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

ANYTHING you do to the factory sights is an improvment. I V notched my rear sight and added some white referance lines. Stole some of the wifes gold nail polish for the front. these little mods helped me out.

post-39511-0-76290900-1337131000_thumb.jpg

Nice idea. Do you have a close up pic to see how you did it?

I bought the TAPCO front sight post replacement kit and it is cheap. Mine melted after sustained fire for a few hundred rounds. Also the top ends of the posts were threaded. I'm not sure why they added threads to the top part of the sight post but it doesnt really make sense to me. With the threads it also makes the sight post look more blurry than a standard steel sight.

My advice is spend just a little more money and get these http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2KNSAKSIGHTPAK-1.html

• Like 1

I've seen another thread where they pulled out the front post, chucked it into the drill and held it against the file to make a bead. You can do each of the shapes that Cheaper than dirt is selling for $33 in a few minutes.

Personally, I would want notches at different points, or a stepped thinner tip with a hard shoulder about half way. (like the second sight in the link in the previous post)

Either way glow paint works well.

I have used day-glo orange paint on several sights and it is an improvement. You can take a razor later and scratch off some of the paint to make a more defined point of aim. That is how I corrected the aim adjustment on the fixed sights of my dad's SP101.

Edited by GunFun

Yes, it sucks that you cant buy just a single post from the KNS sightpak. But with the middle size ball post and TWS rail, I have really enjoyed target shootin. I dont compare it to my Rock River 20" AR but at 100yds w/Hornady Zombies I have had good results.

As for the remaining post in the pak, I couldn't tell you where they are.

i bought some of these tapco front sights and i really dont care for them. you would think that the neon green would be bright and easy to see but its really not. im thinking about takeing them and filing these down and trying that.

I bought the TAPCO front sight post replacement kit and it is cheap. Mine melted after sustained fire for a few hundred rounds. Also the top ends of the posts were threaded. I'm not sure why they added threads to the top part of the sight post but it doesnt really make sense to me. With the threads it also makes the sight post look more blurry than a standard steel sight.

I just about choked on my sandwich laughing.

Typical tapco bullshit.

I'll be damned if tapco ever gets any more of my money. Oh, wait, I was gonna get their PG screw/nut the other day... Hopefully it doesnt explode when I take it out the package.

I got a few tapco products. Some stuff I like and some stuff I don't like. This was one of those items that won't be on my list again but if you wanna try it go for it.

Straydog gave me a good idea. I think I'll do the same and paint the post myself.

Tried to take another pic,

post-39511-0-76605800-1338219567_thumb.jpg

I did the same to my saiga. I also used fold nail polish but I think ima go to michaels and buy some metallic gold paint markers so it can stand out more.