Just started my conversion and am putting everything back in. My question? I bought a tapco g2 trigger, and it seems to work fine but the hammer seems to be to big, to be able to fit the bolt hold open plate and the shepards crook.

I remember hearing somewhere that sometimes people have to grind down the side a little. Is this ok to do?

Also the hammer that came stock seems to work with the rest of the tapco g2 setup, would it be ok to just use the old one?

Thanks guys for the help, this forum is so effin helpful.

You should be able to use the old hammer, I have seen a few times on here where some people prefer it (the hammer face is a little different).

Compare the two hammers. There should be differences on the BHO side.

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
beer.gif

I trust you've already read up on the 922r laws and have enough US made parts replacing the foriegn stuff to be able to retain the original hammer no problem. Having said that, a lot of people prefer the full US fire control group. Removing a little off the right hammer strut is easy enough, assuming you want to keep using the BHO. If your conversion is on a Saiga shotgun, you will have to remove the "hump" on the lower front section of the hammer face as well.

Thanks for the info guys, and yes I am aware of 922r compliance but thanks for the reminder.

One question when yall say hammer strut are you talking about the top or the the bottom? I have compared the two hammers and the

tapco one is considerably wider on both sides on the bottom. So can I take some off there? I have noticed that the tops are different but that doesn't seem

to really affect anything.

Any input would be great, and thanks again guys

Thanks for the info guys, and yes I am aware of 922r compliance but thanks for the reminder.

One question when yall say hammer strut are you talking about the top or the the bottom? I have compared the two hammers and the

tapco one is considerably wider on both sides on the bottom. So can I take some off there? I have noticed that the tops are different but that doesn't seem

to really affect anything.

Any input would be great, and thanks again guys

Shave or file about .060 off the right side of the hammer to make the BHO fit. Edited by Jetmech