Anyone know about the quality of a WSAR-10 that excepts high capacity mags? Centerfire is selling them and I'm thinking about picking up one. Originally I thought it was a SAR-1. Want to make sure I'm not about to buy a poor weapon!

Let me know ASAP as I might be getting it tomorrow!

Friend's son bought one a couple weeks ago and it looks ok metal wise. The handguards look to be used and have a dark oil type finish. The stock is the same color as a pine 2x4 and it has a clear polyurathane finish. Wood fit is so so but functional.

The only real issue with the rifle was the over zealous grinding on the sides of the mag well and mag well spacers for the narrow mags spot weled on each side of the inside of the receiver. The mag well spacers didn't guide the mag into the well. A double stack mag could be inserted into the rifle with the rear of the mag slightly cocked to one side or the other and it wouldn't lock in. You had to make sure the rear of the mag was in the dead center of the mag well for it to lock in.

As it turned out, Centerfire was out of the WASR-10 high cap models so I have to wait till the end of the month. Thanks for the responses Verson and J A. I did check out the links.

J A: I will look closely at the weapon keeping your response in mind.

• 1 month later...

Mine was very nice...had a little slop in the magwell, some are tight...some are loose...depends on who did the conversion that day I guess. I bought a SAR-1 and got rid of the WASR Hi-cap. That was really dumb to do...was a good candidate to turn into an E.German clone just for the heck of it. :smoke:

Bvamp: I'd rather not order one if I can help it. Actually, I'd rather just buy off an individual to save the paperwork, 6% state tax, etc. My dealer is selling one for $350+tax...of course, no one will buy it.

NRAJOE: I like that laminated stock. I'll probably have to refinish the WSAR-10 one since I believe they are very plain.

I just want a small AK with the traditional wood stock that I can bump fire. The one I have now is too big for what it is. If it was a Romak 3, it'd be cool......7.62x54 *drool*

The WASR I had, had the dark,dark, burgandy wood on it. I didn't have it long enough to strip the wood or anything. I had a full E.German stock kit on the SAR-1 at one time and should of put it on the WASR instead of getting rid of it. :cryss:

I don't know why the guy on that link shows a pic of a regular type ak stock and advertises it as a "Dragunov" :unsure:

But thats what my wood had lokked like and it was a Hi-cap, not a low cap. There is a gunstore out by my range/club that has a lo-cap WASR with a red dot on it for $250....might get it just for grins. :up:

The SAR I have has the dark wood. Apparantly, if you strip the wood, its two different types of wood or some shit. The foregrip is one kind of ash, the stock is another type. Go figure. They finish on mine is quite dark though. The newer SARs I have seen all have the natural clear finishes on them...not sure when the change was made though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest FULL_AUTO_990

i think this is the one i saw at my gun shop. it was $350+tax, is this a good price??

and i would really like to have black synthetic furinture for it, does any company make black stocks for these?

post-21-1084647566.jpg

Geez man are you reading anything or just posting madly?

$350 is a little much but normal for a dealer. Yes, furniture is very easy to find for the most widely produced gun in the world...order is from anywhere and it'll fit, may require some dremel work...the mag well on the rifle may also require some too, mine did.

i think this is the one i saw at my gun shop. it was $350+tax, is this a good price??

and i would really like to have black synthetic furinture for it, does any company make black stocks for these?

$350 is what I paid for that SAR-1 in the photo...got the furnature from k-var....

AK-160L.jpg

AK-160L Romanian AKM Stock Set ~ (Laminated) for Stamped Receiver. 45

In Stock MSRP Our Price

$79.99

http://www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=270&1=271&3=53

:super:

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are bad-man. The dude called a truce now don't go throwing salt into open wounds. If his scooter comes up missing we will know Bvamp took it! I have no use for a scooter but that was one wicked looking scooter. Hmm..ebay Bvamp?

I'm kidding!!!

I just bought my kid the coolest little go-cart out of my gun slush fund..too bad it sits in the garage looking all new and peerdy. He's afraid of it. Dang 6 year old kid! I'll be dead before he ever gets into things I like! :rolleyes:

btw-Full Auto- I stained my wooden furniture on my SAR-1 and then after doing some hard shooting..took it all off and put Kvar synthetics on it and I made sure the forearm was heat shielded. Polish mags make the match and you end up with a light battle rifle that I abuse the *** out of!

Edited by NedPepper

Too bad I'm not real pc wise. I'd love to post a vid my friends made with MY RIFLE! I used to tell my ..um.. err.. trying to find the correct name for my friends that tease me about my affection for aks. Lets just call 'em red necks. You have all heard the line about AKs being "reliable" and how you can drop them in sand and..bla..bla..

so they borrowed my newly purchased SAR and went out to the range to film their version of a torture test. It was funny..after a beer or two..and after they cleaned it up with a hose and toilet paper! Sick friends I have.

You guys are bad-man. The dude called a truce now don't go throwing salt into open wounds.

he cant just call a truce after the things he said. i can understand if he wants to come back, but he cant change the past. if he continues to show that he can post here without insulting members, than i dont mind if he's here. it will just take a while to win my trust.

btw, those go carts are fun. i used to have one with a little 5 hp briggs n' stratton. after a few years, the oil leaked out, and the piston frose up, so i sold the cart.