Ok so I am still mainly factory setup on my S-12 only thing I've added is a UTG USA quad rail with a holo sight. I'd love to convert it but thats a ways off. Dam always needing $ for ammo.

So here's the question. I am looking for a sling configuration and was looking maybe @ single point or maybe a 3 point system for it. Currently looking @ a couple of rail sling mounts on amazon for the front mount since mine originally came with the rpk handguard so the front mount I can't use. Any one have an idea on what I could do or what they have used?

I know I may catch some flak for this, but I have the Tapco furniture setup for my S-12 (fore end, PG, and T-6 buttstock) which has a loop/hole at the front of the T6 that allows for a onepoint sling. For that I got a CAA one point sling that works well enough for me...

I find 1 point slings annoying. After carrying an AR around with a 1 point, it sucks. They are usually bungie style and they tend to bounce around and they are are pain when you bend down because they "dangle" for lack of a better word, and can move around. I would get a 2 point that secures to a sling loop on your rail. I have a UTG sling loop that attaches to a tri-rail, and it works just fine and its cheap.

I find 1 point slings annoying. After carrying an AR around with a 1 point, it sucks. They are usually bungie style and they tend to bounce around and they are are pain when you bend down because they "dangle" for lack of a better word, and can move around. I would get a 2 point that secures to a sling loop on your rail. I have a UTG sling loop that attaches to a tri-rail, and it works just fine and its cheap.

I'll have to look for that sling loop. Did you just use a standard sling or did you get fancy with the style?

I picked up an Israeli style Kalashnikov sling from One Source Tactical some time back. Works great.

Saiga-12s.jpg

israelisling1.jpg

For me, single point slings are ok for lighter weight carbines or rifles. Most shotguns are too heavy for them though IMO.

Edited by Corbin
  • Like 1

I'll have to look for that sling loop. Did you just use a standard sling or did you get fancy with the style?

Standard. I have a standard issue russian sling on one of them. It has the clip for the front sling loop on the forend.