AtlanticArms IZ-340 Muzzle break thread size?

Waiting on my just purchased AK74 rifle from Atlantic Firearms, got the IZ-340

Trying to order parts for the conversion before it arrives.

I seen a muzzle break from Robertrtg.com site which is chromed lined, decent price, $35.

My question is, what size threads on on this rifle, 24mm? is it LH or RH threads?

Has anyone purchased a muzzle break from Robertrtg.com sites? any comments about them?

• 2 weeks later...

The East German one is listed as being 24mm.....can't say LH or RH thread..---> http://robertrtg.com...flashhider.html

All reference books say the AK-74 brakes, with 24mm threads ( 24 x 1.5 mm).... used right-hand threads. I am pretty sure 24 x 1.5....not 24 x 1.

OR....use this one , if you need 14 x 1 mm, LH thread---> http://robertrtg.com...flashhider.html

I would call Atlantic again to confirm their answer.....or better,.... ask via email with a paper-trail.

Edited by IPSC45

was this the same model you just converted hammer?

yes, this gun is the cats ass, someday i'll post pics of it, i had blisters all over my hand trying to get that thread protector off, then while im cleaning it up on the grinder from where i cut the welds so i can continue to use it as a thread protector, i noticed that bitch isn't threaded inside, cheap bastards

Captain Hero....it wasn't that you weren't *specific enough*.....it was because you were *wrong* when quoting 24 x 1 mm.

:)

...didn't want guys to buy taps and dies and stuff and then be out-of-luck.... dontcha know.... :)

was this the same model you just converted hammer?

yes, this gun is the cats ass, someday i'll post pics of it, i had blisters all over my hand trying to get that thread protector off, then while im cleaning it up on the grinder from where i cut the welds so i can continue to use it as a thread protector, i noticed that bitch isn't threaded inside, cheap bastards

cheap bastards indeed. im glad you enjoy it hammer. ive been trying to get some of my buddes into the 5.45 for a while now. they dont know how badass these things are.

Captain Hero....it wasn't that you weren't *specific enough*.....it was because you were *wrong* when quoting 24 x 1 mm.

smile.png

...didn't want guys to buy taps and dies and stuff and then be out-of-luck.... dontcha know.... smile.png

its all good.

• 2 weeks later...