Will Ak hand guards fit?

A couple places have Vepr bolt on hand guard retainers and I contacted CSS by email and greg said they would fit. The regular AK hand guards I have seen seem to be to small for the larger vepr barrel. I know that wood can be sanded out to make it fit, but I'm looking for a polymer with a heat shield for my vepr. Has anyone tried a standard polymer Ak hand guard on a Vepr? Thoughts?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Our 20 gauge tri-rail fits if you trim the polymer tab that goes into the receiver. you may have to re locate the swivel hole as well. but works great on the vepr.

I wish someone would have told me that I should have used the 20 gauge, had to do a lot of trimming on the 7.62x39 tri rail, and not real happy with how it fits. Where the front hand guard bolts on, it sits lower than the barrel and had to trim out a lot to make it fit level and it's still not prefect. Does the 20 gauge not have the support rib that sticks up on the inside running down the middle?

Since a VEPR rifle is based on an RPK rifle (with a thicker, heavier barrel), and not a standard AK, standard AK fore-end furniture won't fit.

Brian

Krebs Custom

Yes standard hand guards are not drop in, but wood hand guards will fit with a little sanding on the inside to fit the thicker barrel

Edited by draftpick
  • 2 weeks later...