they are there to allow he folder to lock. look at the parts you have. there is a collar that has 2 pins that spring load and slip into these notches when the stock is extended

eta: you will need to mimic these on the receiver. i used an 1/8" carbide cutter on my dremel to notch the receiver.

Edited by smartbomb

they are there to allow he folder to lock. look at the parts you have. there is a collar that has 2 pins that spring load and slip into these notches when the stock is extended

eta: you will need to mimic these on the receiver. i used an 1/8" carbide cutter on my dremel to notch the receiver.

Hmm. Mine looks like it locks into the holes to each side of the lateral axis. I coul

shit you may be right. now i am curious.

found it. http://home.earthlin...jb/AKbuild3.htm

look at #5. there are pin that keep the internal mech from rotating freely.

I was wondering if maybe it was meant to allow driving one of the pins out partially and then pulling that part of the shaft out og the starboard side to complete removal of the pin?

I want to cut what I need to cut, but I want also to cut no more than necessary.

http://home.earthlin...jb/AKbuild3.htm

look at #5. there are pin that keep the internal mech from rotating freely.

This is the truth.

Well, #5 is on the left side of the weapon. The slots I'm asking about are on the right side of the weapon, so the pin in #5 could never contact the slots shown.

Anybody know what the slots at 6 and 12 o'clock on the right side of the trunnion are for? I don't want to cut them if they're not needed.

Edited by undertoad

Look at 4 again. Picture was taken from muzzle to breach. See that pin at the left of the picture? It's on the right side of the gun when looking from breach to muzzle.

Look at 5 again. Muzzle is off to the left on that picture. Thats the same pin from 4 inside the trunnion slot.

eta: just checked my underfolder and receiver is not cut. The pin lives in the trunion only.

Edited by FunkedOut