TITAN RAIL W/lift up dustcover.

I just finished my build but didnt want to post pics or anything until I had it to the range. My 12 runs like a scalded dog and I had 0 FTEs, FTLs, and FTFs on it's breakin trip. I took 250 rounds to the range and came home with 46 for HD. On this build I attached the dust cover to the rear section of the rail. It is very simple to do. Just a little time consuming. I'll give you a quick rundown on how I did it and then bucu pics. The first step is to install the entire rail system. Then adjust the rear section so that it is level with the front section. To do this use the single height adjusting screw that comes with the rail. Also you will need to adjust the side to side movement so that the rail is completely level and strait. There is a channel inside the rail which is 5/16 wide. I used an 1 1/2" length of key stock. I drilled 2 holes through the rail and into the key stock. The key stock was threaded for screws and then mounted to the rail section. To fit the rail section over the dust cover with the key stock mounted I would grind a small amount of material off of the key stock and then check for fit. I continued to do this until I could lower the rear section of the TITAN rail over the dust cover. To mount the key stock to the dust cover I lowered the rail into position and then tack welded the key stock to the dust cover. Once it was stable I removed the screws holding the key stock to the rail. Because the dust cover fits into a groove in the RSB this can create an area where there is extreme tension when opening. To eliminate this I ground a small amount of material from the front of the dust cover. I started in the middle and tatpered the removal of material to the rear. This also takes continous checking to ensure that not too much material is removed. At the rear of the dust cover I used 2 short screws to tighten the rail to the dust cover. I guess a person could use 4 1/2" of key stock to mount the dust cover to the rail but this way it just seemed easier. Keeping zero is always a question. What I did to ensure that I kept zero and would return after cleaning my weapon. What I did was to weld up the bottom edge of the holddown hole in the dustcover and then file it until the cover required a good slap to lock in position. Time will tell if that works. I am sorry that I didn't include pics of each and every step of doing this. I didn't think about it when I was doing the work. I was having too much fun. LOL. This build took almost a year to complete. It wasn't because of lack of motivation. I am on that dreaded "disabled list" and have to depend on a fixed income. Also, I was eliminating my Obama lovin wife and fighting for custody during this time. Oh yeah, and the Grim Reaper came kicking at my door but I told him to fuck off. I hope you enjoy the pics of the TITAN RAIL system I installed. The sights I am using are TWS rear peep which I drilled and threaded to accept the Williams Sight changeable aperture. These are 3/8 in diameter and have a brass ring inlaided for easy pick up. The front sight is a custom DINZAG AKFSB. I increased it's height so as to match the center of the rear sight with the center of the front. There is plenty of room on the TITAN RAIL for the attachment of accessories. I know that my next purchase will be some type of optics. All of my slug shots @100 yds were in the kill zone and a couple of groups could be covered w/silver dollar, I do believe it would be easier if I could see the POA easier. I hope that this helps some of you and if you have any questions feel to PM me. Enjoy the pics also. RLTW. C-1/75

post-35679-0-17709400-1337579826_thumb.jpg

post-35679-0-33451800-1337579908_thumb.jpg

post-35679-0-71939200-1337579957_thumb.jpg

post-35679-0-89753600-1337579986_thumb.jpg

post-35679-0-42476200-1337580029_thumb.jpg

post-35679-0-21993500-1337580176_thumb.jpg

post-35679-0-79765900-1337580240_thumb.jpg

post-35679-0-51609400-1337580440_thumb.jpg

post-35679-0-22121400-1337580475_thumb.jpg

post-35679-0-55519600-1337580529_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks. Hey there! You were the first brother Saiga owner to lay eyes on it. I'll drop you a line next time I'm gonna head that way. Maybe we could make an afternoon of magazine dumps. I sure wld like to place eyes on your new 5.45.

• 2 weeks later...