410 Kushnapup Bullpup Project

Here are a couple of pics of my 410 bullpup. I added a longer buttplate per Indy's suggestion in his review and bobbed the barrel to 18.5. The overall length is 30 inches. I am liking this gun more and more, but wont really get to wring her out until mid June. The handling is superb! The one down side is that I cant imagine being able to shoot her with drum mags.

I have already ordered another 5.45X39 Saiga to do a Kushnapup rifle.

post-1798-0-27126000-1337705980_thumb.jpg

post-1798-0-90370600-1337706075_thumb.jpg

Edited by brownwood

EXCELLENT!!! I like it!!!! :up: :up: I gotta say ther more I see of these the MORE I love the looks of them!! Cant wait to see the rifle variant... I was ACTUALLY considering a .308 version, myself... buyt that means I gotta get another 308, as mine is converted and wont work... :(

Are you going to tweak the barrel to take 410 chokes? Or just keep it cut off and shoot birdshot with more open patterns, and of course the ol buckshot and slugs?

:smoke:

I think I'm gonna stay with the wide open cut off for now. It's intended as a house gun for my wife and maybe some CQB with slugs against the evil east Texas hogs overrunning my friends ranch.

I ordered a rail mount intended for a shotgun barrel. I am hoping I can mod it so it will clamp to the gas tube and let me mount my Bushnell micro red dot. Then Ill be in business! More to come.

EXCELLENT!!! I like it!!!! 032.gif032.gif I gotta say ther more I see of these the MORE I love the looks of them!! Cant wait to see the rifle variant... I was ACTUALLY considering a .308 version, myself... buyt that means I gotta get another 308, as mine is converted and wont work... sad.png

Are you going to tweak the barrel to take 410 chokes? Or just keep it cut off and shoot birdshot with more open patterns, and of course the ol buckshot and slugs?

000.gif

Yep, I'm starting to really like these myself. Unfortunately for me that usually means spending money!!! The stock is much more robust than I first thought it might be. Really ties togetther nicely with the metal of the gun to make a super solid platform. I think the 5.45X39 is gonna be great. I was wanting a short PDW and was looking hard at a Krink but for what those cost I can build 2 or 3 of these! Plus no government BS.

Very nice looking.And what would be cost on a bullpup 410 build As seen in the above picture ?

You need an unconverted saiga and about 3 bills. The stock is $275 plus shipping which came out to about $290 for me. The stock requires a twaek here and there for the 410, since its a little different than the 12 but al in all, really easy. Ill let you know in a few weeks how the rifle goes.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got to run some rounds through this thing. It didn't like the Golden Bear 4BKs, but performed flawlessly with winchester high brass #4s on setting 1. That round seems pretty devastating at 20 paces with the 18.5 bobbed barrel. Most of the pellets go into about an 8 inch area. My silhouettes were quite perforated in the chest area. I really like the handling characteristics of these bullpups. Very hand little weapons. This should be just what my wife needs for night time house cleaning... If I ever let her have it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think the barrel length was 20 or 22. Yes, thats the buttstock cut off of the original stock. Kushnapup has you cut off the tang and then you don't need that but I just couldn't do it! They dont provide any instructions except for the 12 guage but its pretty easy to do with the 410.