Magpul MOE vs CTR?

I am purchasing parts Online for my saiga 7.62x39 conversion. I really want a Magpul collapsible stock in the commercial spec model. Now tHat being said, should I start off with the MOE stock or spend more and get either the CTR or maybe even STR?

What do you think? Is there a significant difference between them that sets them far apart? STR having the advantage for storage option of course.

I bought a CTR for my AR when the STRs made them a little cheaper.

My flow chart for them is kind of like MOE < CTR < STR.

The main difference between the MOE and CTR is the CTR is slightly tougher (for butt impact) and has a friction lock to clamp down on the stock for extra firmness after you've adjusted it (it doesn't rattle either, buit the MOE does a little).

The STR is supposed to be even better for buttstock impacts from what I've heard, and of course storage. The contouring is nice for ARs because it gives you a bit of a cheek rest without interfering with the charging handle, but on an AK you could just use a riser on the CTR or MOE.

My next AR build will likely sport an STR.

I was originally looking at an AR before I decided I like the wood saiga more. People like the CTR more because of the friction lock, and I agree a rattling stock would drive me nuts. Keep in mind that the CTR weights about an ounce more than the MOE though. Many AR builders go for lightweight builds, so every bit there should be considered, dunno if its worth it on an AK.

UBR is a bad ass stock!!! Too expensive for me right now. Guess I gotta stick with the Tapco T6 for awhile till funds become available. My T6 stock rattles, but I'm happy with it. I know there are other great stocks out there. This was a good find because I didn't know the differences in MOE/CTR/STR. Thanks for the help guys.

I have both, one on my AR and one on my AK. Save your money and go with a Moe , spend the money you save on ammo.

This is my recommendation as well.

I've used both, and the difference just wasn't worth the price difference, IMO. Then again, I know the MSRP on the CTR has dropped, so maybe it's worth the difference now. I haven't compared prices lately.

Also, the CTR has QD sling swivel mounts, if that matters to you. The MOE doesn't, but there's eleventy billion ways to attach a sling nowadays, so it shouldn't be a dealbreaker. That and the friction lock are the only differences. Someone mentioned that the CTR is "tougher". I'm not sure on that. I've never seen any info backing that up or even mentioning it. They're all made from the same polymer.

I have no experience with the STR.

I just checked one of places that has the best prices on Magpul gear, in my experience. I'm seeing about a $20 difference in price between the CTR and MOE. I could stomach that easier than the $40 difference it used to be, if the friction lock and QD sling mounts were important to me.

What am I talking about? I dropped $200 on a UBR a couple years ago, lol.

I just checked one of places that has the best prices on Magpul gear, in my experience. I'm seeing about a $20 difference in price between the CTR and MOE. I could stomach that easier than the $40 difference it used to be, if the friction lock and QD sling mounts were important to me.

What am I talking about? I dropped $200 on a UBR a couple years ago, lol.

$20 isn't that much of a difference so it might be worth to get a CTR