older steel cased russian 12 ga ammo

so i received a package today. inside where 60 rnds of 1992 production steel cased copper washed ammo.

DSCI0245.jpg

DSCI0235.jpg

DSCI0241.jpg

pix572048837.jpg

DSCI0240.jpg

does any one have any info on them? also what would you do? hold onto them, or shoot them?

the packs are marked 2 3/4 " but they are actually longer than 3" mags (see pic)

DSCI0242.jpg

they would require a little trimming to fit in a saiga mag. which wouldnt be a big deal as the plug sits low in the case. the extra length is just empty case.

DSCI0244.jpg

DSCI0243.jpg

• Like 1

Well aint that cool, I would hold on to them.

Where did you get them,How much, any more?

Or non of my beezwax.LOL

old stock from jg sales .11.00 for all 60 rnds.(2 30 rnd packs) sadly no more. they are cool looking. and its T shot of all things.

they actually are 2 3/4" or close to it, because the length is measured with the crimp open, and since those don't have a crimp they are measured by the oal

so does that mean the silver bear steel hulls would cause the same issue?

Edited by Pusca Semiautomata Luneta
  • Like 1

they actually are 2 3/4" or close to it, because the length is measured with the crimp open, and since those don't have a crimp they are measured by the oal

so does that mean the silver bear steel hulls would cause the same issue?

maybe, you would just have to get a box and try them, they might work in stick mags but most likely will not work in drums, measurement for shotgun shells is never really exact

Edited by Russian Hammer

those are sweet. id keep 'em. or you could try to feed them through a pump action and see how they run. but hell. sell half of them, make your money back x5 and call it a day. then you can sit on the other half for later down the road.

• Like 1

What's the diffference between this and the new steel cased Silver Bear 12g (and .410 ammo) that ammunition to go is selling for $0.47 per? The copper wash?

the age, the manufacturer, the length, the shot size............................. silver bear is modern sporting ammo, these look more like milsurp. (but probably arent)

• Like 1

Are "T shot" nails with tails style flechetes? Or is it some European measurement for conventional shot?

l

T = .20" (5.08 mm)

Edited by Pusca Semiautomata Luneta
  • Like 2

Thanks. For what it is worth, I liked it better when your post still had the table from wikipedia. People are afraid to admit it when they get good information from one of the best sources.

Wikipedia is great if people have sense enough to verify the information. A table of shot sizes is hardly the place you are going to find spurious claims. Peer review from fanatical enthusiasts is a pretty good means of assaying reliability, though not infallible. Peer review by professors and scientists whose funding is linked to people agreeing with them is at least as suspect in my book.

Thanks. For what it is worth, I liked it better when your post still had the table from wikipedia. People are afraid to admit it when they get good information from one of the best sources.

Wikipedia is great if people have sense enough to verify the information. A table of shot sizes is hardly the place you are going to find spurious claims. Peer review from fanatical enthusiasts is a pretty good means of assaying reliability, though not infallible. Peer review by professors and scientists whose funding is linked to people agreeing with them is at least as suspect in my book.

yeah but it didnt paste over right. came out all squished together so.................just copied the one i wanted.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Those are so cool, I remember wondering what shotgun shells looked like before plastic and then saw anthropologists dig up brass shells in a cave.

I'd keep some just for the coolness factor.

• 1 month later...