Latest addition to my family since my last visit

Well, I got myself two nice gifts for x-mas a couple of months back!

A S&W M&P 15 and a Colt LE6920. Both shoot fantastic, and I was plinking steel plates at 200 yars with the Colt. What great fun! I'll take some better photos later.

post-25308-0-32767600-1337819825_thumb.jpg

post-25308-0-12194500-1337819846_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

looks fun. I take it your S&W is a notch or two above their base model, because it has the dust cover for the ejection port.

Why did you pick up 2 ARs in the same caliber at the same time?

Why did you pick up 2 ARs in the same caliber at the same time?

Well, the Colt was a surprise that I wasn't aware of until my parents decided to pull a Christmas story scenario on me later in the day. "Oh, what's that's over there?"

Needless to say, I was giddy with excitement when I opened the box.

And you can never have enough ARs!

The S&W is a 1:9 twist and the Colt is a 1:7.

• Like 2

It was interesting for sure.

I'm planning on putting an ACOG on the Colt. Haven't decided on the magnification or what reticle I'd like. There are a lot more options than I thought. Ironically the optic is going to cost more than the gun itself, bahaha.

I run the cheapest ammo I can find in my AR with no problems and I don't clean very often either...

I guess it's true, you just can't beat a quality weapon...

I run the cheap stuff through my M&P 15 and have never had a problem, got to love the AR platform and the M&P is very durable

• Like 1

I found that I didn't have to do much cleaning of either weapon after a day at the range. I was using cheap surplus ammo and match-grade ammo with no feeding or firing issues on both weapons. Totally flawless.

I'm happy that I've managed to get not one, but TWO high-quality ARs from two great companies.

The Colt is by far my favorite though. Looking at throwing some MOE furniture on it too, if I ever get a chance to get some.

• Like 1

Well, you've got an awesome family, I'm jealous of that Colt!

I'm surprised they were able to get it. They discontinued the model I have, and replaced it with one that had ugly markings on it.

I had always read that with Colt, you're buying a name, and that generally there is no difference. Maybe I'm on some Colt Kool-aid, but I can tell a difference between the finish and fit of the S&W and the Colt, and defintely notice the difference when compared to a DPMS, Bushmaster, or Stag Arms.

It's like this, I could have my AR sitting on a table at a gun show: PWA upper and lower Colt M-16 parts kit (sans happy parts) and one awesomely worked trigger that basically allows of the operator of the weapon to bump-fire from the shoulder. This with a price of $950 and there would be a few people looking at it. You could have a Colt plain-jane AR sitting right beside it with a price of $1350 on it and it will sell before the "kit-gun" will...

People just know that if it says Colt, it's worth it...

I happen to agree, that's why I choose to carry a Colt 1911 daily. Am I a fan-boy? You bet!

• Like 1

Yeah, they make teflon spacers that sit in the place of the 80 series parts, and yeah, it leaves a hole in the bottom of the slide where the firing pin safety was, I use it as a quick way to lube the firing pin when I strip it once a week for it's de-linting and lubing.

• Like 1

Yeah, they make teflon spacers that sit in the place of the 80 series parts, and yeah, it leaves a hole in the bottom of the slide where the firing pin safety was, I use it as a quick way to lube the firing pin when I strip it once a week for it's de-linting and lubing.

Ahhhhh! Maybe I'll look into it. Unfortunately, I believe the series 80s have high profile sights.

VaiFan, you ought to post in the rest of the forum more. All I've seen from ya in quite some time is this AR thread.

They look decent, though. If I were you, I'd sell em and use the $ to fund some more interesting rifles. wink.png

Oh PA, I would, but there just isn't much activity around here these days :/

It's mostly broken tap threads.