Finished conversion

So, I just finished fully converting my saiga. When I originally purchased this rifle I had no intention on moving the trigger group. I think it came down to just a fear of screwing something up. I am relatively new to the world of firearms, purchased my first gun this March(2012). I bought the rifle brand new from Bud's, you all know how it looks...montecarlo style stock and plain forearm. I then went and purchased the Tapco intrafuse system (stock, pistol grip and forearm). I put these items on and thought I was happy. With these items, I was able to buy and use the Surefire 30 round mags. Well, I just wasnt happy with the way it looked, felt and shot. So I looked at a few pics, asked a few questions and watched a few videos, and finally decided to nut up and just go for it. I went onto carolinashooterssupplies and purchased everything I needed to replace and move the trigger group. The whole process went very smoothly and I had alot of fun doing it. I never stripped a gun down like this before and with carolina's videos posted on their site, it made the process a snap. The gun feels so much more balanced and looks so much cleaner. I was pretty impressed with myself when the job was all said and done...not sure if this sounds wierd or not, but I was sad when I was finished. I didn't want the job to be over cause I really enjoyed my time inside the firearm and had alot of fun working on it. I'm posting some pics of my rifle before the trigger group conversion and after. To anyone that hasn't done this yet because your worried it may be too difficult....don't be. Its not hard, just take your time and enjoy it. You really "get to know" your gun alot better and how everything ticks down there. Now, I need another project....not sure where I want to go next with this rifle.....

post-42296-0-89895700-1337883752_thumb.jpg

post-42296-0-80704600-1337883898_thumb.jpg

post-42296-0-93808200-1337884038_thumb.jpg

Edited by jeremyx28
  • Like 2

Good job and great looking rifle.

Moving the trigger group makes all the difference

The rifle looks much better once the trigger got moved.

Edited by Pyzik