Picked up my Diamond Plate engraved Sig 2022 this morning!

Thats the new ones that are made in the U.S., right? Hows the quality on that? I heard that generally speaking, the quality goes right in the shitter when foreign gun companies start making stuff in the U.S.

Something about different processes due to regulations or something like that. Glocks seem to be doing alright though, unless they had a troublesome run at first.

Yep, one of the new ones made right here in the US.

Quality of fit and finish is as good any other Sig I've picked up. Field stipped it and the inside are nice. No nasty machine marks on the inside like you find on some guns. Super nice, just like every Sig.

Won't know about function until I get it to the range.

Good to hear that it looks okay so far. I only ask because I've been looking into picking up something new, possibly a Sig.

I just heard that to get around import restrictions, some companies started new factories in the U.S., but that some hit snags in the process. Something about either new factories having slightly different tooling, or the EPA or other regulations making the companies build the guns with different processes, making them slightly different than the very nice, classic originals.

That is to ugly for you to shoot, send it to me for testing!!!

I do like the tread plate look, hows griping it and working the slide?

you will like it. i picked one up for my oldest daughter three months ago. just could not pass it up. 550.00+ tax package deal. CC holster, night sights, extra mag, shooting glasses with three sets of lenses, and one hour of range time. feels good, shoots perfect..... enjoy!

No disrespect intended. We both happen to like saigas and im sure you would dislike some of my guns as well. This pistol is cool and all but its half a sig. They really went to hell when they went mass production. Really sad compared to what they used to be. I refuse to buy a US made sig pistol. They still make a German 226 thank G. A sig should be benchmarks not equals to a glock.

That is to ugly for you to shoot, send it to me for testing!!!

I do like the tread plate look, hows griping it and working the slide?

Figured you'd say something like that RED333. haha.gif

The grip is nice the texture gives it a good feel, but not as agressive as the Glock 4th gens. Working the slide is nice and smooth. Can rack it one handed if need be.

No disrespect intended. We both happen to like saigas and im sure you would dislike some of my guns as well. This pistol is cool and all but its half a sig. They really went to hell when they went mass production. Really sad compared to what they used to be. I refuse to buy a US made sig pistol. They still make a German 226 thank G. A sig should be benchmarks not equals to a glock.

storm6490,

No offense taken. We all have our own likes and dislikes, and just because you're opinion on this gun is different doesn't mean it's wrong. I've had many Glocks and while I can shoot them well I really like my half a sig a whole lot more than any of my old whole Glocks.big_smile.gif If you come across a US made Sig that needs a home and you refuse to keep it and feed it just look me up. I'm always looking for lost souls. haha.gif

Edited by liberty -r- death
  • Like 1

Got to the indoor range with it. I really like it. The trigger reset is short for double taps and follow ups. I only put 200 rnds throught it. No issues what so ever. Double taps I was shooting about 8 inch vertical spread from first to second shot. It's a keeper. Might even end up getting another sig down the road. I'm thinking the Sig 220 single stack might make a nice concealed carry piece.

No I did not take pics. I was not going for precision, but for function and feel this time around.

• Like 1