Bolt hold open permanantly stuck ON....

I took my new Saiga 12 (from CenterfireSystems) out to the range for the first time last night and on the 2nd box of shells it locked up non-functional.

The bolt hold open tab has either slipped inside the action or dropped off.

I cannot see it and the bolt is permanently held open. In this position I cannot disassemble the action either.

Centerfire Systems referred me to the importer, which is Russian American Armory. But they are closed today through Tuesday.....

Anybody else run into this particular problem?

I had kind of the same problem last week. After I did the conversion on my gun (moving the trigger group forward). The tab slipped inside holding the bolt open. I pull back on the bolt to relieve the tension and use a small hook tool to fish for the tab through the tab hole. My problem was the new JTE main spring I installed was not holding the BHO lever over far enough. Your problem might be the BHO spring might of came off.

This problem and it's solutions have been posted a great many times over the years.

Take a look at the stickies and the many fixes that have been posted.

Short answer... common problem, easy fix.

http://www.google.co...ype=&as_rights=

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/75158-wasted-my-trip-to-the-range-bho-got-stuck-up-inside-again/#entry739844

Edited by Spartacus

Yup, been there, done that. Take the bolt stop out and file a groove where the tail of the spring sits to keep it from sliding off.

I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now. I totally did that while I was modifying it to allow the safety lever to be easily installed. Took a thin cut off wheel and cut a wire thin groove right on the innermost edge of the bho lever. Then I rounded off the paw because it was super annoying with the pistol grip moved forward.

And I didn't read anything about that part. Lol! It just seemed like a good idea.

Yup, been there, done that. Take the bolt stop out and file a groove where the tail of the spring sits to keep it from sliding off.

Exactly what the importer said when I got them on the phone this morning (along with - we don't honor that warranty any more).

Thanks for the links to the fix it threads. I will read through and attempt the repair.

The notch seems to fix it for most people, but it's not a 100% fix.

If the hammer is sliding side to side, it can't hold the BHO plate in place, you'll need to add a washer to the hammer axis pin.

Lasted 30 shells and same dang thing happened. Cut the notch deeper and put itback together. If this doesn't work, I'm cutting the thing in half so it doesn't get in the way any more. I can use a saiga without a BHO, but not with the action locked back!